Edge to LoPro Edge change - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Edge to LoPro Edge change

hi all
A client brought us 777VBK for a setup and after we refretted and cleaned his guitar etc etc he said he wants to change his old edge tremolo to LoPro edge. ow, this part is near impossible to by in Russia so I'll have to order it from Ibanez or evilbay or whatever. Since we never did these kind of replacements, the big question is - will LoPro Egde fit into Edge place without any surgica interventions?
We changed a bunch of Lo-TRS and TRS tremolo-equipped guitars into OFR and it fits like a glove without any modification, we also did a few LoTRS into LoPro Edge and it DID require some tremolo routing and tremolo posts changes and following that line looks like that installing LoPro Edge instead the Edge doe not require any changes.....help? F1?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 AM

Re: Edge to LoPro Edge change

I believe that is a drop-in replacement, no routing needed.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/jem505.htm

I think I've read that here before, but a "small upgrade fee" suggests to me that it can just be swapped out with no body work.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

yup I've read the same on the link above but....the problem here is that local russian ibanez dealer does not have ANY parts in stock, waiting period is 6 months (ouch) and I ca get this thing from evilbay in about 2-3 weeks. but there is no sense in buying theis part if its change needs some routing coz the client doesnt want that. he just likes the low profile of LoPro and wants it to be replaced only in case that there is no additional routing.\
For me, there is a sense in buying the thing if I can sell it
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

No routing required! I just replaced an Edge with LoPro into an RG770DX--dropped right in!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 PM

Is it possible to refret a neck with binding on it without damaging the binding?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
Is it possible to refret a neck with binding on it without damaging the binding?
sure it is
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 PM

i have a jem 555 with edge pro2 will lo pro go straight in?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 AM

Reviews: 11

Isn't an original Edge better than the lo-pro?..... the guitar I'm building will take either and I want to know which is the best bridge. I've read a lot on here about the Original Edge being pretty awesome and even the new 7VWh jems have them now. Can someone verify this for me. Which is the best of the two to drop into my custom? and also.... if the edge is the better one, then why would this person want to "downgrade"??. Someone please educate me on the Edge line.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 AM

It's in the same line. The great ones are at least Edge, Lo-Pro edge, Edge Pro, Zero Resistance and Edge Zero (although there's a debate going over if it's a good trem or a bad one..). Basically Lo-Pro Edge is a Edge with lower profile. That's all. Oh, and it's a direct fit.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM

in MY opinion the lo pro is the best of the best. just as stable, easy to set, easy to use as the original Edge but lower profile which makes it easier to play, more comfortable and looks better (but that ones just an opinion, it has nothing to do with quality)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 PM

Reviews: 1

like everyone said... no need to work it just drop it...

Tags
edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode