edge pro II tremolo - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

edge pro II tremolo

hey guys,
I have a chance to buy a newer rg series guitar because i have decided that I want to have at least one guitar with a working trem(my 2 other ibanez have blocked trems). The guy who is selling it got it to learn on and then, all most as soon as he got it, he decided he didn't want to learn to play. Now its up for sale. This guitar has the "new" edge pro II trem in it and I have read in a few places that it is far superior to the lo-trs trems ibanez was using up until recently. Do you guys have any experience with this trem design. I hate the lo-trs and i hope what i have heard about the edge pro II is true. The lo-trs is a piece of crap as far as I am concerned. I know the new pro II will never measure up to the trems on the Jems of yesteryear,or a new Jem for that matter, but i could never afford one anyway. Any help you can give me would be most appreciated. Thanks again, guys!
Sincerely,
Chris
p.s. I have played the guitar and it seems to play very well, good sound)I'm still gonna upgrade the pick-ups), and the neck plays like greased lightening. I just want to make sure the trem will hold its pitch and not have any of the other inherent short-comings the lo-trs trem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 08:14 PM

This is probably gunna get moved to another area, but basically the Edge Pro II is a massive improvement compared to the TRS, and in operation it feels very much like a regular Edge. Materials are a bit cheaper, however.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Vendor

Let's not sugar coat it. It is an improvement over the TRS but IMO it's still a TRS disguised as an Edge Pro. The materials are much cheaper. I've sold as many EPII saddles in the last year as I have Lo Pro saddles in 7 years. People are having problems with the arm adjustment, it's still got a 1 piece knife edge baseplate, etc. etc. etc.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Let's not sugar coat it. It is an improvement over the TRS but IMO it's still a TRS disguised as an Edge Pro. The materials are much cheaper. I've sold as many EPII saddles in the last year as I have Lo Pro saddles in 7 years. People are having problems with the arm adjustment, it's still got a 1 piece knife edge baseplate, etc. etc. etc.
Hmm... I can only go on what I've felt playing them in stores, obviously. So I'll rescind my remarks and say "If you play one in a store for 20 minutes, you will think it's a vast improvement on the TRS." Hehe.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Vendor

"Feel" yes, same bar angle, same distance to the holder from the fulcrum, but "feel" doesn't make a trem good, just makes it "feel" better
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 12:14 AM

Agreed. But for those 20 minutes in the store I guess I wasn't thinking about how much I'd have to end up spending on replacement parts.
By "feel" I was also referring to the movement of it. TRS's always seem more 'springy,' while Edge series trems are more smooth and interactive. At least that's carried over to the Edge Pro II.

It is a supreme shame that it's not interchangable with the Edge Pro
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie

It is a supreme shame that it's not interchangable with the Edge Pro
You can be all but guaranteed that's by design

I've heard of saddles breaking on guitars just during shipping [I've sold replacements for them] while the only breaking problems I'm having on the EP's is I've had 2 guitars arrive to the customer with broken strings.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:05 AM

You would think that they could make a killing on selling EPs to replace EPII's.

Hey, if everyone can work together to make Jemsite picks, maybe we can all chip in a little bit of $$$ to buy Hoshino After all, some dudes did that with Fender, hehe.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Vendor

Fender was looking to sell, the Hoshino family is not
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:58 AM

Just gimmie a week, a crowbar and a sack of doorknobs.

Tags
trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode