edge pro to lo pro - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 08:21 AM

Re: edge pro to lo pro

nice try there legacy, hopefully the intonation is ok and all

yes, vids and clips pls if you insist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegacy View Post
I'm sure Rich will disagree with me (it's funny how often he does), but in my opinion, EDGE and LO/PRO EDGE are interchangable.
i think they are too. intonation is the only thing i'd question.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 AM

Hi you could do it whitout routing. ten minutes work. I suposse i just got lucky with my intonation.

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Vendor

It's common knowledge ED/LP is a direct swap. Sometimes you'll have a clearance issue with the lock screws fitting in.

As for the LP/EP, I guess it's a "your mileage may vary". I tired it on a VWH and it would just barely fit in the hole but was not useable. And the LP will not even make it on to the studs of an EP rout.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 02:31 PM

Okay LP to EP conversion complete. It almost made me cry to use my Jem7V as an example, but she came through it with flying colors and 6 minutes later was back to normal.

Here's the video. I don't have a clue why anyone would ever want to do this, but as you will see in the video it can be done very easily. Also, please don't judge the playing on the video it had no intent except to be abusive to an EDGE PRO trem.

http://www.theguitarboard.com/lopro2epro.wmv

Jem7V............................................. ...................$1000 - $1500
Edge Pro Trem.............................................. .......$189 from Guitar Center
Putting the LO/PRO back in my baby........................PRICELESS

I guess in the end my advice would be....don't take other peoples advice....including mine. Survey your situation, and if it looks like it might work, then try it. You might be suprised. I was.

Now I'm off to GC to try to find a guitar that comes with the EDGE PRO so I can install an EDGE into it. Might work, might not. I'll let you know shortly.
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 03:41 PM

ew .wmv
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegacy View Post
Now I'm off to GC to try to find a guitar that comes with the EDGE PRO so I can install an EDGE into it. Might work, might not. I'll let you know shortly.

I hope you figure this one out, becuae I would like to change the Edge-Pro on my VWH for an Original Edge, in fact I already sold the EP and the rest of the hardware off of it.
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 PM

Doesn’t Steve Vai have an Edge on his guitar?
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 05:36 PM

Well done John nice one !
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Doesn’t Steve Vai have an Edge on his guitar?
LoPro
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 PM

He has many guitars!! Which one??
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 07:06 PM

Okay.... I do hate it when I spend $1400 to prove Rich right. I couldn't buy a Jem with an EDGE PRO. GC didn't have one, but I did find an Ibanez JS1000.

No go on the switch. The lo/pro and edge have no problem reaching the posts as Rich stated was the problem, but they are physically too big for the trem cavity cut on the top of the body

So I regretfully have to say that if you have an EDGE PRO, you may be stuck with it. Oh well, at least I have a JS1000 to sell now.

After playing with 2 of them today though, they aren't bad trems. Seem to be pretty solid. I still prefer the EDGE and LO/PROs, but I could probably learn to like them.

Rich was definately right on this one....dang it.

Here is another fact. I personally wouldn't be brave enough to do the amount of modification that would be required to make the EDGE or LO/Pro fit in this cavity. That sucks.

Last edited by thelegacy; 12-16-2006 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Wanted to give more credit where it was deserved...
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 07:16 PM

seems like something i might do for 1 of my guitars sooner or later
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
LoPro
I offer the following.

There are several photos with him using the old edge, but there are just as many with Steve using a lopro as well. However I am pretty sure Steve had the old edge on his guitar when he was just in Atlanta.
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:31 PM

On his touring guitars, only Evo has the original Edge (and has been as far back as '96 - back then with a gold edge).
The rest are all Lo Pro's (Flo, evo II, mojo, chu, bo, double neck, tripple neck etc etc).
J

Tags
aanj neck , aanj neck joint , custom jem , double neck , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge trems , ibanez trem , neck joint , neck joints , pro edge , steve vai , string lock , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode