Eerie JEM story.....really wierd - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Eerie JEM story.....really wierd

Hey JEMsters! Here's a REALLY wierd story. It was at my first gig at a talent show (check out "Sovitice in Allen Park Michigan" in the Local Jams & Events section in the forum). We played two songs, and at the end of the second, I broke a string (doh!, darn 8 guage strings!) so my first reaction was "GOTTA GET MY BACKUP GUITAR!" which was a well set-up Squier Stagemaster. But the thing was the Squier's strap caught onto the stand, knocked over a guitar stand, which fell on my "Angel" (JEM7VWH) which knocked it over, and then 2 stands fell on top of it ::GASP:: I wasn't thinking at the time but was glad that I switched guitars within about less than 10 seconds and got hooked up for our final song. We played our 3rd song, and we ROCKED. After we were done, I checked my poor "Angel" for battle scars, and i swear there were NONE WHATSOEVER. It was as if i had just bought it. There were no scars on the clearcoat, none, zip, zilch, nada, still mint. Ain't that something. I think it had something to do with Steve Vai and his pyramids and his 7 obsession that had cast a spell on my JEM to keep it pristine. LOL. If you guys have some wierd stories, any whatsoever, can you post them? Oh yeah, we won the "Most Talented" award so I felt good. I felt immortal on stage. And there were lots of women screaming out my name, "Tomas!Tomas!". I realized I feel really natural when I'm onstage, i would like to do some gigs with Sovitice. Here's a pic of the band. The one holding the award is our drummer, Mike. The one in the grey shirt is our bassist Tim ("Timatheus") and the one kneeling down is our rythm/lead guitarist, Dave. That's me, Tomas, the other rythm/lead guitar in the leather pants

I'll try to post pics of both my JEM7VWH and my Stagemaster in the near future. Oh yeah, i wasn't sure if this should go in the JEM section or the Local Jams & Events, so I apologize to the moderators if I put this in the wrong section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

This is wierd too. If you can't see the pic here's the url: http://geocities.com/latinjem777
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 05:14 PM

Congrats on the award!

Very lucky incident with the JEM indeed.
The bad thing is that you're probably going to get a serious dent in it next week when you drop a cotton ball on it
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 06:34 PM

Dents are cool...at least that's what I tell myself when I find my two year old monkeying with my guitars.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:19 PM

My 777DY came from two dead owners before getting to me. The original owner was a guy that died in a truck accident. His widow sold it to her friend's husband, who died later that year of a blood clot. I bought it from his widow when she ran an ad for it in the paper...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhnaten
My 777DY came from two dead owners before getting to me. The original owner was a guy that died in a truck accident. His widow sold it to her friend's husband, who died later that year of a blood clot. I bought it from his widow when she ran an ad for it in the paper...
It's cursed!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhnaten
I wonder if any of the Factory workers who built it are still alive ?

What was that Steven King book about the car that killed people ?, "Christine" ?

If you flipped the "D" and the "Y" you could have JEM777YD ...... "Your Dead"

The "7's" kinda look like little arrows pointing to it also.

Tony
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 11:48 AM

It's so funny because it's one of my favorite guitars...my girlfriend hates it. But it's cool...I just chew my food really well and get my brakes checked whenever I gotta take her to a gig...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemB
Congrats on the award!

Very lucky incident with the JEM indeed.
The bad thing is that you're probably going to get a serious dent in it next week when you drop a cotton ball on it
*snicker*

Hey, Ankhnaten's story reminds me of that guitar sam comic printed a while back about the cursed guitar. weird stuff eh?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 10:36 PM

How long ago? I wanna see that...maybe keep it in the case..lol
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 01:29 AM

LOL, check the April 2003 issue, the 100 essential guitar albums issue.

It's really similar...weird...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 09:08 AM

Went and found it...I never noticed that. I usually don't pay much attention to Sam. I cut it out and put it in my case...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 08:39 AM

no JEM so no cool JEM storyies SOME1 GIVE ME MY JEM

Tags
guage strings , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode