ER Changes his tune! LOL - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
ER Changes his tune! LOL

Hey- anyone know if ER got his dealership reinstated with Ibanez? Suddenly they're "not overpriced" and are quality guitars. On the other hand, Schecter and ESP are total crap.

I normally wouldn't post a link, but since Ed's changed his tune so dramatically, I thought ya'll would like to see it

http://www.edroman.com/rant/imports.htm

And he's suddenly got a big Ibanez inventory too. I noticed a couple Donnie JS with TRS trems... Some things never change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:35 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
damn.... just when you thought ibanez was making "customer service" improvements you see Romanoff on the NV dealer list

http://www.ibanez.com/dealerlist/ibz...r.asp?state=nv
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:58 AM

A little off topic, but is the JS "Donnie" that has the multi-colored faces a real Donnie Hunt model, or is that a "replica" like a Fede or something? It's pretty cool looking...not that I'd buy anything from that jerk-it just looks cool.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 10:31 AM

It is most definitely a replica, as are the two blue Donnie-style bodies above; copied from the original they are pictured with. He no longer has that original (which he used for many copies), it was sold on ebay last year, I believe. Also, that JS-5 (Rainforest) is a proto, that was rejected by JS. He doesn't have that either, AFAIK.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 12:08 PM

*sigh* perhaps the world really is ending...........
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 12:38 PM

Just more proof that we do not have a just and loving God.

-Ben
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 12:51 PM

I notice that too...
The world is totally upside down... Money Money, money* makes change every one and every opinion, that's sad.

I did not agree with a single word he said about ibanez , but he believed in what he said so I had some kind of respect for him and now he changes is mind... Why? I think I've got the answer*!
JS
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 02:55 PM

A rotten business man, is a rotten business man......at the end of the day, nothing else matters...just $$$$$$...he must not care that he contradicts himself many times over....which ed do you believe???
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 02:58 PM

What a poopy puckered butthole! I'm tired of this guy. After all the slamming of Ibanez guitars I find it amazing they came back to him to sell their guitars.

Gabe
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 03:18 PM

I cannot believe Ibanez has made him a dealer again. Oh well, let's see how long it lasts.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Like Gabe, I'm a little surprised they went back to him. I'm really hoping that, to them, he's insignificant enough for them not to have heard of him.

"Ed who? He used to slam our guitars? Did he? Oh well never mind."

I think that would bother him most of all

I also think that there's enough information floating around to inform prospective customers that Ed has a less than perfect reputation, and hopefully that prospective customer will have the good sense to do a little research before buying from the first store they stumble across online.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:12 PM

The Donnies are very likely knock-offs. Ed has been making (or has been selling, rather) knock-offs of stuff like that for ages. ESP can't make anymore Ouija graphic KH's. Yet he had them listed for awhile...years actually. He was also selling copies of the "Mummy" guitar Kirk has. He had KH-2's with mummy graphics and instead of the movie tag on the bottom horn they said "Sorry Kirk"... That's f*&%d up to me...ESP can't make them because Paramount or whoever said it was a problem.

There's a sore spot with him and ESP right now apparently due to him converting some guitars to illegal models. Gibson nailed ESP for the Explorers they were making (conveniently, Hetfield had been using them for years, but after the explosion of "...And Justice For All" and the "black album", ESP started getting more orders for them. Suddenly Gibson cared.)
But Ed had apparently been taking ESP bolt-ons and attaching the necks to Explorer bodies he had made elsewhere. Obviously this reflects badly on ESP if one gets back to the Gibson folks. So, ESP had a cease and desist order drawn up against the little fart. That may be a bit of the reason that SUDDENLY Esp's are now crap...even though their knock-offs paid his bills for a long time...

Sorry for the non-Ibanez rant in the JEM/UNI area...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 05:23 PM

I love the part where he asks if ESP/Schechter really think the american buying public are stupid enough to be fooled by their lies. I wonder if Ed thinks we're stupid enough to be fooled by his lies? He had entire pages devoted to the "shoddy" craftsmanship of any guitar made outside this country, complete with pictures that were all Ibanez guitars showing how they're full of wood filler rather than actual wood and whatnot. And now his only complaint with Iby's was the price? And the price has come down? Has the price come down on any of the "high" end models? "high" in quotes as he has very publicly stated that there is no such thing as a high end Ibanez...

It just doesn't make sense?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 06:23 PM
HDS

Wood filler!? Every Ibanez body I have ever sanded down didnt have any filler. Hes a big fat lier.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 02:43 AM

why cant i ever access that site? LOL... i juz wanna take a look at the rubbish he writes...

Tags
blue donnie , ibanez guitars , roman guitars , steve vai , super strat , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode