Estimat price for jem on ****. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Cool Estimat price for jem on ****.

Hey, Guys.

Long Time Vai fan first time jemsite poster.

Anyway, I have this custom guitar that's based off of the lovely Ibanez Jem.
I'm hard up for money right now and I'm thinking about selling it. It's a custom jem with dimarzio evolution pickups and a Ibanez Edge Lo-pro. The paint job is swirled with yellow, black, and neon orange colors. The only reason why i'm posting this is to see how much you guys might think this guitar is worth. I've spent around 800 dollars on this guitar. I was hoping I can get anywhere from 500-70o dollars back on this guitar.

Thanks for your advice. I hope I don't get in trouble for this post.

P.S
I'm not allowed to post pics yet but if you would like to see them go to photobucket's website and search for guitarmattms. You should be able to find them.

Once again I apologize if it sounds like I'm trying to sell this guitar here. I'm just looking for price ideas on the guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 02:11 AM
DJR

Re: Estimat price for jem on ****.

I'm sure you'll get the higher end of your bracket, but what's going on with the headstock? 3 aside? there's no clear shot of it, but it definitely doesn't look like a regular Ibanez headstock, which will definitely put off most Ibanez/Jem enthusiasts
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
HDS

It will go for what ever it sells for, just like any guitar.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 AM

I wouldn't expect much beyond the combined value of the parts. The odd thing about customs is that they are invariably worth the most to the person that dreamed them up and/or brought them to life, which often makes them difficult to sell. Somewhere out there, there is likely to be another person who thinks the guitar is worth what you think it's worth AND has the means to purchase it. However, the trick is finding that person. And I believe that most people on that auction site are looking for Ibanez Jems, not custom guitars made to vaguely resemble Ibanez Jems.

Frankly, I personally have a big problem with using the name "Jem" in conjunction with this or any other custom guitar. But I guess that's just me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice so far. I was hoping to get at least half of it back or maybe slightly more. I sent a post on Vai's official forum about this and I got a lot of grief over the paint job. It does look better in person then in the pictures.
I went with the 4 and 2 just for something different. I'm use to the 6 inline and thought this was a nice way to set this guitar from the others. I took the guitar to a local shop and they told me I would only get 350 for it. Which is a huge loss for me. So, maybe Evil bay might help me out on this one. Otherwise, maybe I can trade this for RG370,

Thanks again. Some also say I should take it apart and sell it that way? What do you think of this idea?

P.S.

I understand what you're saying John. since it's not exactly a jem it should not be a jem. I usually call it a jem copy. I know that's not right either. But who knows.

Tags
estimate for custom jem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode