Evo with ALL ORIGINAL hardware. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Evo with ALL ORIGINAL hardware.

http://www.guitarnerd.com/video.html

I just downloaded this video and to my surpise, it has EVO in it...with its original neck and all original hardware! Might not be that big of a deal, but its the first time I've seen EVO with her original parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Oh wait, this may just be from the ALS video that I missed out on. Oh well, the link still stands anyways.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:31 PM

Hmmm... I'd be willing to bet that this version of EVO has been modified. This video is from 1995 - yes this is the ALS video by the way when Steve was playing Tender Surrender. I believe EVO was made around 92 or 93.

It would be highly unlikely this would remain unchanged (in Steve's hands anyway! ) for more than 2 years...

Gabe
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:37 PM

That's not Evo, sorry. It's a stock 7vwh marked 'evo'. Steve gave it to the editor of the DVD. I think it's been on Ebay one or two times.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Vendor

I believe you're thinking of EVOII that he used when he was all siver painted, still had silver paint smudged all over the board.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:54 AM

hey, i'm the former co-owner of guitarnerd (JEMavenger can identify me)

i think it is evo II, since there is a full vine neck. .and the original was broken long ago.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuX

i think it is evo II, since there is a full vine neck. .and the original was broken long ago.
I'll watch the DVD again later today, but I believe it's not EVO II. EVO II was used on the song 'Bad Horsie' because Steve was in full body paint.

The guitar he played in Tender Surrender was a quite pristine EVO. The neck from EVO was broken (and replaced with a full vine neck with a black headstock) on the G3 tour in 1997 when he threw it to his guitar tech with the cord still plugged in! Doh! This video was shot in 1995.

Maybe Steve will post here and clear this matter up.

Gabe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 06:27 PM

Great Video that tender surrender

awesome

Regards

TrueFaith
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 06:41 AM

I thought I saw Evo with yet another new neck with white headstock last year...Evos a threadbuilder hehe...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

If you look at this picture you can see that "EVO II" is clearly written beneath the vibrato unit.

And after watching the video a bunch of times and unsuccessfully trying to get a screenshot, you can see it only says "EVO" on below the vibrato unit. Unless Steve wrote the "II" in a at a later time, I would say this really is EVO

[/img]
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 01:12 PM

Is that really beign played live? coz to me it sounds Identical to the record.
Thanks Gareth
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Its just a video from the DVD, and no, it wasn't played live. And you are hearing the studio version of it dubbed over the video. That's how every music video is
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuX

I'll watch the DVD again later today, but I believe it's not EVO II. EVO II was used on the song 'Bad Horsie' because Steve was in full body paint.

The guitar he played in Tender Surrender was a quite pristine EVO. The neck from EVO was broken (and replaced with a full vine neck with a black headstock) on the G3 tour in 1997 when he threw it to his guitar tech with the cord still plugged in! Doh! This video was shot in 1995.

Maybe Steve will post here and clear this matter up.

Gabe
hmm seems you are right gabe, sorry for the controversy
i thoguht evo's neck was broken in 95, so then it'd could've been yes or no... but if it was 97

thanks for clearin that up.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 10:15 AM

That bit of tape with 'konx' on is on the original EVO as well. Anyone know what Steve says it's for?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globbits
That bit of tape with 'konx' on is on the original EVO as well. Anyone know what Steve says it's for?
I believe it's there for a couple reasons...

1. to identify the pickups, and easily see which guitar is which
2. to prevent the high 'e' string from getting caught under the plastic pickup cover

Gabe

Tags
black headstock , guitar tech , pickup cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode