Evolution of the JS - new pickups - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Evolution of the JS - new pickups

I love my JS as much as the next guy, probably more, but I was never overly impressed with the pickups. Yesterday, I replaced the FRED & PAF Pro with Evo's. Holy tone Batman!! Someone needs to tell Joe about this It's hard to describe. I think it sounds like a warmer vwh. A highly recommended mod for those looking for something a little different. Just figured I'd share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 06:24 PM
Vendor

Evolution of the JS

You DOG!! I've been wanting to do that!! You gotta bring it by and let me hear how it sounds!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 02:35 AM

Evolution of the JS

yeah! record some arpegios also! I want to know how some sweep pickin things sound. I like a Ywngie Malmsteen kinda thing on the neck pickup. So I want to know if I can get a evo for that sound of if I have to by a breed. For $100 a pop I don't want to mess up and have to buy 3-4 pickups.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Evolution of the JS

DiMarzio have a good exchange program. If you're not satisfied with the sound of a new pickup, you can exchange it for another within 30 days (I think).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 01:25 PM

Evolution of the JS

Cool! But I think I'll try to keep my JS as original as possible... And, I don't want to do anything that could hurt my little baby!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:32 AM

first of all yngwie gets that great clean arpeggio sweep sound because he has ultra low output clear sounding yjm pickups and the paf pro if very a very transparent sounding pickup that for me anyways gets me much closer to that yngwie arpeggio tone then the higher output evo.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:25 AM

Other than using his exact pickups, a SD hotstack does as good or better at getting that yngwie tone.. just preference I guess, but I like the hot stack cause it has more output than the yjm model. anyhoo I'd love to hear a js with evos.. drool...

Tags
neck pickup , paf pro , yngwie tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode