exciting new discovery - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

exciting new discovery

I just found out the the neck screws on aanj ibanez's are 2 different sizes... as evidenced by the 2 fresh holes in the fretboard of my UV777BK oh tis ye life that is such a bit**.

Fortunately, i can fix these 2 new customzations to my guitar. From now on im letting a tech work on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 03:59 AM

This has been common knowledge for some time. The AANJ is tapered in thickness, therefore the screws are different lengths as well. It's unfortunate that such a sweet axe had to suffer so needlessly. Hopefully, it'll pull through just fine
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 11:03 AM

That really does suck.

But i'm wondering why there are TWO holes. If one screw is longer, presumably you put that one in the 'shorter' hole to screw up your fretboard....BUT why would the shorter one in the longer hole go thru?

Anyway, my condolences.
~K
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Actually, this all worked out for the better, i got it drilled and filled last night and now im working on an inlay of my name that i had made out of abalone by a buddie, it looking good so far. What the hell eh, i screwed it up, might as well make the best of it.

i thought you fellahs would take this a little lighter than you did, yeh it was a stupid mistake, it wont happen again.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 01:52 PM

Reviews: 30
Glad it's working out good for you. Just so you don't feel alone on this one, I just about did the same thing on my RG7. It made me more cautious about anything I do with my guitar.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
But i'm wondering why there are TWO holes. If one screw is longer, presumably you put that one in the 'shorter' hole to screw up your fretboard....BUT why would the shorter one in the longer hole go thru?
AANJ = 4 screws. 2 long, 2 short. 2 long screws into 2 short holes = 2 holes in fretboard.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 01:44 AM

Speed holes!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 02:02 AM

D'oh
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 02:39 AM

Actually, you got off very lucky, I have fixed 2 necks that people did this one, one popped the fretboard on the side, and the other split the fretboard, how they didn't think the screws were excessivly tight I'll never figure out. To just pop the screws through and not damage anything else was pretty fortunate
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Yes. actuallly this gives me a reason to do the inlay so it turns out for the better in the end

Tags
neck screws

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

godin guitars how things are made discovery
create am exciting rock show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode