Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

I wonder what's a fair price for a completely new JEM77FP (2000 model)?

My friend wants to sell a 2000 JEM77FP. It has been in his collection for almost 10 years. He never plays it as he cannot get used to the neck profile - he is generally a Les Paul guy. Thus, the guitar is completely new! I'd seen it and I really mean new, cannot be newer! I'm very interested and excited.

The problem is, we don't know what's the fair price of this guitar. I mean, both of us cannot make an offer to the other. We are friends, so we don't want anyone to lose money, but we cannot find any reference for its value.

Could anyone give us some advices? Many thanks!
weining428 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Paw
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 110
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Around $2k? Guess Rich or some other guys can give you a better estimate
Paw is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 AM
 
Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austria
Posts: 926
Reviews: 65
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Mint used go around 1500ish mostly, prices will drop soon I guess as the FP hype is over and you can get many mint and near mint on the bay.
Tank is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,596
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

It helps, when asking questions like this, to throw in the unsaid, "I'm in Beijing, by the way". What these instruments sell for depends a lot on where you are and the local market.
jim777 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Mint used go around 1500ish mostly, prices will drop soon I guess as the FP hype is over and you can get many mint and near mint on the bay.
I'd buy every one of them if they did.
Rich is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,596
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Yeah, FPs seem to pull more than any of the long production Jems, and 1500 isn't close to realistic in the US for a minty 2000 model.
jim777 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:34 AM
 
Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austria
Posts: 926
Reviews: 65
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Then they seem to be less popular in Europe.

You should maybe import from the European Bey Rich and resell then.... though the Euro/US ratio is not in your favour I guess.
Tank is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 6,970
Reviews: 1
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Then they seem to be less popular in Europe.

You should maybe import from the European Bey Rich and resell then.... though the Euro/US ratio is not in your favour I guess.
I don't recall the last time I saw a truly mint FP, let alone on ****.
jono is online  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: newcastle.england
Posts: 2,575
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

a mint 77fp here in england would fetch £1000 maybe £1100,thats roughly $2500
rob777vdy is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 91
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weining428 View Post
I wonder what's a fair price for a completely new JEM77FP (2000 model)? Could anyone give us some advices? Many thanks!
Ask and you shall receive. Three 2000 77FP JEMs sold on the "Site that Shall Not be Named" in the last twenty months. The prices were $1524, $1700 and $1750.

A total of 39 FPs (any year) have been sold in the last twenty months; Low price $900, high price $2295. A 40th 1991 FP sold for an incredibly high $3500.

Best Regards,
Rich 76Stratman
76Stratman is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Stratman View Post
Ask and you shall receive. Three 2000 77FP JEMs sold on the "Site that Shall Not be Named" in the last twenty months. The prices were $1524, $1700 and $1750.

A total of 39 FPs (any year) have been sold in the last twenty months; Low price $900, high price $2295. A 40th 1991 FP sold for an incredibly high $3500.

Best Regards,
Rich 76Stratman
The problem with stats like those is there is no context. You do not keep [or reveal] condition profiles that mean more than the sale price.

I'm sure this one is in your records, 120506155001, $1525 for a shot out worn down with plenty of damage and seriously overgraded.

That's context.
Rich is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:11 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

i paid roughly 2k for a mint 15th, sold one some time ago same condition for 2.1k Seems to be the going rate for a Floral.
Ibanized is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Dear all, great thanks for your reply and help! I can now have a rough idea that $2000-$2200 should be a quite fair price range for the guitar.

BTW, I'm in Beijing (response to Jim777). Will the location affect the price? As we have higher import tax, so the price could be a little bit higher than in US, but not as high as in EU, I guess.

JEM is a very popular model here in China, and many players, I mean those Ibanez / super strat lovers, are using JEM 7V, if they can afford, or at least very desiring it. I personally much more prefer 77FP as it has a more unique look. It's very rare to see a mint one here, so I think I should pull the trigger.

Thanks again! I will post some photos later, if I make the "right" decision ^_^
weining428 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,740
Re: Fair price for new JEM77FP (2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weining428 View Post
Dear all, great thanks for your reply and help! I can now have a rough idea that $2000-$2200 should be a quite fair price range for the guitar.

BTW, I'm in Beijing (response to Jim777). Will the location affect the price? As we have higher import tax, so the price could be a little bit higher than in US, but not as high as in EU, I guess.

JEM is a very popular model here in China, and many players, I mean those Ibanez / super strat lovers, are using JEM 7V, if they can afford, or at least very desiring it. I personally much more prefer 77FP as it has a more unique look. It's very rare to see a mint one here, so I think I should pull the trigger.

Thanks again! I will post some photos later, if I make the "right" decision ^_^
LOL, post of the year so far!
Hikey Mikey is offline  
Reply

Tags
jem77fp

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fair Price for a Jem77BRMR Blacksheep Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 10 08-04-2009 02:46 AM
Fair Price for RG 550/560/570 RGrocker All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 2 05-18-2008 12:39 PM
How much is a fair price for a 1570? Jshadow All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 19 05-12-2007 08:16 PM
What do u think is a fair price for the new Mirror Jem? Ralph khoury Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 40 04-04-2005 04:09 PM
Need help with fair price (RG-560 ScottM All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 4 09-09-2001 03:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome