Fake JEM at local pawn shop - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Fake JEM at local pawn shop

So I get a text from a friend..

"Oi theres a steve vai jem for sale 1600 at cash converters"

Of course I went straight over there and of course it was fake (never thought I'd see one here). So I told the manager and he gave me the cold shoulder I seriously doubt they're going to do anything about it. So what can I do now? I'm about to email the head office about it because I'm sure they don't want a bad rep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: Fake JEM at local pawn shop

I would also warn them that you will be letting Ibanez know if they don't remove the item, or lower the price to $100 bucks
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 AM

Just out of curiosity which fake is it? (FP,VWH etc..)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

VWH

It's a small town, all the musos and susic shop owners/employees know eachother so once I get the word around anyone that would buy it will probably know it's fake.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
So I told the manager and he gave me the cold shoulder I seriously doubt they're going to do anything about it. So what can I do now? I'm about to email the head office about it because I'm sure they don't want a bad rep.
That's F'd if he's knowinly selling a fake as the real deal (price and all) Some poor soul is gonna get screwed Definitely email, AND go to the music store with a big (we sell fakes) sign

I'm guessing possibly he didn't know any better (duh) so he probably got it for "Jem" price. Nice of him to pass his problem on to other people

Go get him Crevie
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

There's this show here called "today tonight", them busting in your door with cameras and a smug reporter is every business's worst nightmare .

We'll have to wait and see.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
I would also warn them that you will be letting Ibanez know if they don't remove the item, or lower the price to $100 bucks
and he'll laugh. C'mon..... what do you expect Ibanez to do? Call the FBI? LOL

For sure you've got a local organization protecting the consumers. I do not know the name in English.... this is where you have to address that kind of things.

Instead of telling the man in the shop that you'll call Ibanez tell him you want to state a official claim. That would make him think it twice.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
There's this show here called "today tonight", them busting in your door with cameras and a smug reporter is every business's worst nightmare .

We'll have to wait and see.
LOL!

You could probably earn yourself a bit of money out of that- dob them in ASAP!

But not if I set "A Current Affair" upon them first!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

there was a fake on evilbay a while back.i sent the guy a email stating it was a fake.he kept sending me death threats saying he was going to pour petrol over me and my son and he said he knew where i lived.it turned out to be empty threats.all im saying is be carefull best to let them get on with it.its not worth getting involved
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
there was a fake on evilbay a while back.i sent the guy a email stating it was a fake.he kept sending me death threats saying he was going to pour petrol over me and my son and he said he knew where i lived.it turned out to be empty threats.all im saying is be carefull best to let them get on with it.its not worth getting involved
hmm, unless you are willing to unto others before they do it unto you
thats fukkd up - threatening your son with burning to death....
I sincerly hope that you get to meet him in the future - I know that I would want to..
threats to son = short life expectancy.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Ah, don't mind it, there isn't anyone who is dumb enough to buy it....or is there?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
hmm, unless you are willing to unto others before they do it unto you
thats fukkd up - threatening your son with burning to death....
I sincerly hope that you get to meet him in the future - I know that I would want to..
threats to son = short life expectancy.
yeah it was pretty nasty thing to say.it was a while ago now he doesnt know where i live anyways i havent bought anything off him and hes had nothing off me so unless he knows a bent copper hes got no chance of finding out
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 05:45 AM

Reviews: 10

Sounds suss, then again cash converters in UK means stolen goods An outlet used by crack heads to score money for more drugs, so even if it is real its stolen, well would be here anyway!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Reviews: 1

just hope that anyone looking at it knows its a fake and you dont get some parent buying it for the kid
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 11:29 AM

You know how many shops are selling 470's calling them 570's. I found 4 merry go rounds doing this.

Tags
custom shop , music store , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode