few JS1000 questions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

few JS1000 questions

Hey guys,this is jimbojim from satriani.com..I have acquired a JS1000 a few months ago I have to say that I love it ...but I have a few questions.

1st-I think my trem bar is too loose,it plays perfectly,I can play with the trem without any problem but it bugs me that I can'T keep it parallel with the strings,it always falls and points the ground,is there a way to avoid that?is this something good or bad?

2nd-How can I remove my fringerprints??I tried with napkins,etc..it just 'spreads' em...I want to keep my guitar clean.

3rd-Is it possible to avoid the strings to 'detune' when I bend a string..'exemple I bend the 3rd string,while I keep the string bent,when I play 2nd string the note will be somewhere between B and Bb.When I'm done bending,it goes back to perfect B...it doesn't bug me that much,just trying to know if there is a way to avoid it

Thanks folks..
Rémy

p.s sorry for the 'avoid' repetitions...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 02:17 AM

Sounds like the white plastic bushings on the trem bar are worn,get some from an ibanez dealer.Ever clean your sunglasses by breathing on them? Works good for fingerprints too.I also use rubbing alcohol when the breath thing doesn't work.As far as doing a double bend,you will get used to it.The one disadvantage of a floating trem is the slight pitch change when bending,I just tend to compensate for it because i'm used to it.For more setup info,click the ibanez rules banner up above or do a forum search.Nice guitar,by the way.Welcome.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

thanks alot for your answers...can't I get a trem bar that will fit into my js in any guitar store?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojim
thanks alot for your answers...can't I get a trem bar that will fit into my js in any guitar store?
Changing the white plastic bushing on the bar should tighten it up, you probably don't need a new bar.

Also, for the fingerprints and polishing, pick up a guitar polishing cloth from a music store, they're soft and are treated.

You have a floating trem on the guitar, so there's no way to avoid "detune" when you bend your strings, unless you block your trem.

Have fun with your JS!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Vendor

You guys haven't been paying attention

Add a 4th or even 5th spring depending on how much you want it to stay in tune under bending. Obviously the feel is going to change but your strings will stay in tune better. Joe uses 2 springs in an arrow, but they aren't stock springs, his 2 feel like at least 4 regular springs.

I keep bar bushings in stock.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:09 PM

1. bushings bushings bushings will keep your bar where you want it.
2. Your breath is free, anything else you have to pay for it
3. If you want your other strings to stay in tune, get a Js2000......or you can get real good at applying slight downward pressure with the palm of your picking hand on top of the bridge when your bending strings and then playing other strings.......to try and keep the pitch in tune......you have to do it a lot to get used to it. Putting more springs would just make bending more of a chore and strings will feel stiffer. But the best way to eliminate strings going out of tune while bending, is to get a fixed bridge

Tags
fixed bridge , ibanez dealer , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode