Finally bought my "first" UV - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Finally bought my "first" UV

So after all this time things finally fell into place for me and I picked up a 1999 UV 777 Bk. I say first "real" UV because I have had one of the premium ones and it can't hold a candle to this one. Someone traded it and a 2001 Jem 7VWH in for an EBMM JP6. I picked it up for $1050 with the UV100 case. He even still had the hang tag from when he bought it!
You can't see my face but I'm smiling like a kid on Christmas morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 PM

Re: Finally bought my "first" UV

Congrats on the NGD... but pics or it didn't happen
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 AM

Pics in the studio!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

I finally got my camera back from the friend I let borrow it so I got a few pics of the UV with the rest of the "family."

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 PM

Looks like it's mint man... Congrats!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

It pretty much is. The guy that had it used it for at home studio work and an RG7620 when he played out to save the UV. My luck is usually terrible but in this case fortune smiled upon me
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 PM

Reviews: 10

congrats on the UV - beautiful guitar!!! nice collection too! How does the JP6 stack up? I'm seriously thinking about buying one of those off of CL here...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Well, to be honest it's a Sterling JP100D based on the Ball Family Reserve Music Man. It has the DiMarzio pickups that Petrucci had been using until he changed to the Illuminator. I had an actual Music Man a few years ago that I absolutely loved. It was the bare bones model and came from MF. (No matching headstock, dot inlays, no piezo.) This Sterling feels so close to it that if blindfolded and handed each one I'd never know the difference. For $829.00, it's an absolutely outstanding guitar. The only negative is that it only comes with a gig bag.

If the chance ever arises to pick one up at a reasonable price I'm all over it. I just can't afford the $2000 plus price tag on the "real thing." This is also the reason I looked for a UV 777 instead of picking up a Jem 7v7. Japanese quality and I didn't have to sell a kidney on the black market to buy it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode