It Finally Came - Celeste is here... - Page 7 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-03-2001, 04:55 PM

It Finally Came

Ok, I just got a reply from Gary Brawer.

Joe uses 2 custom springs, *not available to public. *You have to speciel order them from someone who makes that kinda stuff and give them exact specs. *According to him, *joe's axes does not have dunlop 6105 fretwire, *he's uses something smaller. *And lastly - *for lubrication in the pivot points he suggests CHAPSTICK! *or thick oil *(but he uses chaptick), *gonna try that next time I restring the axe ! :-)

mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-03-2001, 10:41 PM

It Finally Came

Hey i've tried to email Brawer aswell but no reply. What email address did you use?
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-03-2001, 10:55 PM

It Finally Came

So, WHY have a signature model if it AIN'T a signature model?

I can see all the fretboard custom work - that's expensive. *But FRET WIRE? *I say, bring back the H-S-H Radius with an ultra neck so I can get one in BTB for a grand. ;-)
post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 12:13 AM

It Finally Came

True. I'd like to see the REAL JS.

I'd prefer an alder body although the JS1000 sounds so very bright but still maintains that basswood tonality.
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 03:35 AM

It Finally Came

he might've worn the frets down so he might've just had fret ordered and didn't know what he was doing . Chap stick? where is the pivot points?
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 07:30 AM

It Finally Came

Hey,
Did you ask brawer if satchs fred was custom made because a friend at ibanez japan also backs up that story?
Just curious,
thanks alot
CiRCLes
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 10:13 AM

It Finally Came

RSV - The pivot points are the knife edges. Chapstick lubricates the edges to prevent wear. I personally use grease. Both would work just fine.
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 01:49 PM
Vendor

It Finally Came

Quote:
Quote: from Circles on 7:30 am on Nov. 4, 2001
Hey,
Did you ask brawer if satchs fred was custom made because a friend at ibanez japan also backs up that story?
Just curious,
thanks alot
CiRCLes
Since the Fred was designed FOR Joe it's probable that those that found their way into his early guitars were wound just for him. Not that they're any different than the production Fred in any way.
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 03:16 AM

It Finally Came

No, I don't know about the FRED pickup, but I think it's like rich said. I don't see why it should be special, I can get most of his tones just fine on my JS, and even better tones IMO on my js10th! :-)

I used the email on his site, I don't think he usually reply's to questions about satch's guitars - I have emailed before, so I asked if he would be kind to reply again....and he did.

I'm a bit bummed about the springs, I would like a set of those. *Anyway, I tried the chapstick on the pivot points and it works like a charm - way better than the oil I usually use. It now returns exactly to same pitch everytime.

mike

Tags
alder body , allen wrench , beautiful guitar , burnt transparent blue , clear coat , custom jem , custom shop , fret wire , heavy metal , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , joe satriani , john petrucci , paf pro , stevie vai , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode