Finally joining the club. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Finally joining the club.

What can I say? By this time tomorrow, I'll be blaring away on my 02 model UV777. I've drooled over this thing which I've come to name "Excaliber" for about a year and I am calmly PSYCHED!!!!

(posted this part in another thread, but I figured, what the hell? It's god enough to say twice)

::::::theclouds part:::::::

::::: the choir sings:::::::

::::::: the lady of the lake performs a lap dance::::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 05:06 AM

hey, be happy with it!
i'm seriously considering getting myself a jem, i cant bear to be an intruder in this particular forum
oh well lets say i just want one (vsbl)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 11:40 AM

Excaliber? hehe, nice! enjoy the axe and if you play out be sure to take off some heads
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM

congratulations on the guitar, just got one myself as well. Lets see some pictures of yours........
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

I'll try to post a couple. It's the same model as yours but an 01 model. I played with it pretty extensively last night...gave the trem a good workout too...and that thing stayed in excellent tune. I'm way impressed. I also love the ease of reaching the higher frets. I've never had an easy time with that.

What amp are you running your UV through? I've got a Line 6 Flextone II and the Uv is well matched with a Line 6...veriety of tone matched with veriety of sound. You HAVE to love that.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 10:41 AM

Hey Weserman- since the name 'Excalibur' is taken, maybe you can name yours: "Excalibur: My Nightmare" ('Bad News' anyone?).
-Ben
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 07:25 AM

hmm, i never seem to name my guitars. The UV will get called 'universe' imaginatively, lol. I call my Jem, 'my Jem' as well.

I'm running the UV through my Marshall Valvestate 230R. I had to do a bit of EQ tweaking to get it to sound better, i'm also about to put new strings on as i bought some yesterday, so that will improve tone, as the ones on there feel pretty old.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

I picked up an extra set of strings too. I need to take it back because my guy at the music shop normally likes to set up instruments before they go. But this UV has hung from the wall for so long (with little to no attention given to it) that it's managed to play extremely well for the first few days I've had it. It was a bit out of tune, which I expect, but other than that, no problems. It's sat up there for a while...truth of the matter is that nobody in my county is going to pay $1500 for a guitar....(I'm kinda in redneck hell).

Loving that tone, too. I set my amp to the JC-120 preset and switched the pickups to the neck/middle position and was totally blown away.

I'm sold...next guitar is going to be JEM.

Tags
marshall valvestate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode