Finally! My Project Jem is Finished! (JEM7PSBL) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Finally! My Project Jem is Finished! (JEM7PSBL)

Hello peeps! Finally, after series of parts gathering, anxious waiting, dead-end weekends, limited workspace bla bla bla..she's finally complete!

Guys, meet Tears. (I named her Tears.)

This guitar started out as a Jem Jr (Jem 333) in black, I got it dirt cheap and as a GAS patient, I can't resist myself a Jem after seeing mi2tom (Daniel)'s refinished BFP. So, I got the guitar to work on it slowly to turn it into a 777VBK (the black-green Jem)

Then, I realized that I can't play on a fancy board, I get lost pretty easily LOL! So, I decided to make it like one of Vai's prototype (http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar017.html). So, I ordered a custom neck from a guy off the net. The neck was custom made from a guy from *the bay*, and received it late last year.

After I sent the body to a tech for sanding off the paint and route the trem cavity to retrofit a Lo Pro Edge, I was surprised how horrible the job was done. The trem cavity needed to be reshaped and refilled with some wood and filler. Otherwise, the guitar's gonna look even more horrid than an ugly-ass 3rd-class Chibanez. Thus, there goes my chance for a natural finish. So, I said change of plans. Let's turn this one into a 6 string version of the UV7PWH.

Yeah, I change my mind like Jay change clothes. LMFAO.

After 2 months or so, the refinishing job was taking too long for me. So, I went to the tech and told him that he's taking too much of my sweet time to finish the job. So, I paid him what I owed him and took the body to do the finishing myself.

And again, I change my mind AGAIN, and decided to go with the sparkling blue color. And I'm damn glad I did!

The pickups are Dimarzio's Evo2 on the bridge, a Fender single coil in the middle and a Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Armed with a soldering iron and a JEM 555 wiring schematics, I soldered my way to ProjectJemLand.

So, that's pretty much it. The paint job is actually crap, but I tell myself "if it's too beautiful, you won't have the nerve to even touch it, let alone play the damn thing!"

So, what's done is done. Now I am a PROUD owner of a Project Jem! So, where do I fill the forms to join in? LOL!

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 AM

Re: Finally! My Project Jem is Finished! (JEM7PSBL)

excellent, look , and welcome to the jem club! LOL
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 AM

Reviews: 21

Hey its cool, i like it
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 AM

I always liked the 7SBL, this is very nice!

grüße
Andreas (:
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 AM

WOI APIS!!! I HATE YOU!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Congratz anyway. Going down to KL tomorrow can I come and damage your oops sorry, play your jem? HAHAHA
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Hey Daniel my man! You're more than welcome to play this baby! But for better playtime, let's hang out at my place..say Saturday? I got to work Sunday and till late night on Friday. Dammit these server migration ****s. LOL.

AND! Don't forget to bring your blue Jem as well!! Photo shoot photo shoot!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 AM

Nice work, but TBH, it looks like a chibanez, to me anyway.mainly because of the paint job, you see that colour on heaps of chibanezes lol
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Re: Finally! My Project Jem is Finished! (JEM7PSBL)

Aw man..you're hurting me ..but i have to admit, the paint job was done by a unprofessional spray can painter (that's me!), even the gloss wasn't there!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 06:19 AM

ahah sorry buddy, It looks pretty awesome, but its just got that chibanez esque to it. Refinish in a neon blue : D
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 AM

The paint looks fine from where im sitting, so props man.

I hope mine comes out that good.
Peace CD
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Don't give a damn bout what he said there, to me it looks far far away from chibanez. Well done my friend.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Very nicely done. I hope mine comes out that well.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 120

That looks great, similar colour to a custom I put together.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

@william: when this guitar goes past the relic look and to the point it just became ridiculously ugly, neon blue is definitely one of the options to go!

@captaindoom: thanks man! all the best on your project! and i can't wait to see yours!

@benhal9: thanks to you too! fingers crossed, takes serious amount of patience, and trust me, perhaps yours will turn out better than mine!

@lonephantom: don't you just love the color blue? i know i do!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM

I like it!

Tags
dimarzio , jem , sparkling blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode