FINALLY! My UV's home - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
FINALLY! My UV's home

YEAH, after nearly 8 months waiting, my UV777PBK is finally in. I never saw one in real life, and I gotto say, it's one of the most beautifull things I ever saw. Pics do NOT do it justice! The neck feels just awesome, and the sound is really, really cool. Really warm, punchy and FAT!!!

The new Edge Pro 7 seems very sturdy. It handles the job great, much looser also then the EP 6-string I played. It is also unbelievably FLAT. Gone are the days of resting your hand on the fine-tuners.

I'm really curious if there'll be piezo-inserts available anytime soon, so I'll a piezo-Universe

The detail is just ridiculous: the inlays, the binding, the Eye under the bridge. Unbelievable workmanship... I looks cool next to my jem90th too

There shined a shiny demon, in the middle of my room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 04:26 PM

congrats!

can you play the best song in the world on it?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 04:49 PM

Better yet! Can you play a song that doesn't actually sound anything LIKE the best song in the world?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Playing a song that DOESN't sound anything like the best song in the world is really easy with my skills

I'm working on the Vai-piece from the 7th Heaven video now. Well, until the part where he starts to freak out

But man, is this a sweet axe! Can't believe it's actually there. Now i'm waiting for my Q-parts tone- and volumeknob, the one's with the natural abalone inlays. After that, it's waiting for an abalone pickguard, and abalone-inlaid tuners Q-parts is currently working on that too
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmarty
Playing a song that DOESN't sound anything like the best song in the world is really easy with my skills

I'm working on the Vai-piece from the 7th Heaven video now. Well, until the part where he starts to freak out

But man, is this a sweet axe! Can't believe it's actually there. Now i'm waiting for my Q-parts tone- and volumeknob, the one's with the natural abalone inlays. After that, it's waiting for an abalone pickguard, and abalone-inlaid tuners Q-parts is currently working on that too
aboalone inlayed tuners? Sounds really nice, Id like to have a nice seven string with the disappearing pyramids inlayed in the tuning keys. SOunds SWEEEEET
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 12:41 PM

hey..congrats on the UV. Please tell a bit more about the new Edge pro. how well does it sustain (..thinking of the fact that it has the metal inserts), compared to a lo pro ?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

I still have to set it up properly, but it seems a great system, with a lot of benefits. Will change the strings tomorrow, to see how it all works. Luckily there's a fantastic looking manual (artificial leather as a cover ), in wich the Edge Pro is described and explained in 4 pages!

The sustain seems better then on the jem90th, btw, so the theory may be true.

So far, i'm really happy, though the tuning isn't stable yet. But the guitar was only played straight out of the box. It hasn't been set up. My local tech will look at that this weekend (i'm REALLY bad at this sort of thing). I just wanted to play the thing first, before handing it over for a couple of days and not being able to touch it.

After setup i'll post again on this matter
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 04:06 PM

Gefeliciteerd man, is ie er toch eindelijk

Ik hoop voor je dat hij ook het wachten waard is geweest, volgens mij heb je het afgelopen jaar van alles en nog wat moois langs zien komen, maar wel relaxed dat er de nieuwe brug op zit! Dan is hij tenminste helemaal up to date. Het kan best zijn dat ze de 2002 Universes allemaal al hadden uitgeleverd en niet meer maakten, dure 7-snaren worden niet echt vaak verkocht. Behalve dan aan sommige gitaarforumleden natuurlijk
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 04:16 PM

if you want to speak in dutch please take it to email

Thanks
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 05:48 PM

Sorry guys, no offense
Normally I would post in English, but it's always nice to have people from your own country on jemsite off course! Ibanez Collectors Worldwide Unite!

There was nothing war-inflicted going on , I was just congratulating Marty with his new brilliant axe He hadn't posted the news yet on our own Dutch forum so I had to acknowledge him this way... I am better in putting my feelings to words in Dutch than in any other language, you guys probably have the same with your native language Love for guitars goes that deep I guess
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 07:05 PM

hey, i heard there was a tab of this 7th heaven piece. could anyone scan it for me or so? i'm more than interested!

plus, wanted to know about the universe. did they keep the same neck? because its too damn like a piece of rock. though the fretwork on the one i played (almost a year ago) was killer, smooth and all!
marty, your hands might be huge!!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I got big hands, so the neck feels more natural to me then a 6 string (really weird). It just fits like a glove. Though I feel that it REALLY ISN'T a baseball-bat size neck, don't get me wrong! It just feels natural! Fretwork is impeccable, ultra-smooth. It just flies. I can play faster on this thing then on my jem90th!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003, 12:32 PM

and i ^bump^ for the vai tab
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

People, the verdict on the all set up Edge Pro 7:

Kick ass! It's stable, ease of use is great (my guitar tech loved it, though he can't use that handy little Ibanez Trem-setter-thingie anymore), the sustain is definitely better then on my 90th, and the action is super-low. Can handle dive-bombs very well. Unreal low profile.

Changed the strings to a set of 10's: even more power and sustain

Great trem, unreal guitar!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmarty
Isn't that a cool little groove? I gotta write a song based around something like that one day...

Guys asking for the tab- i started it, once, and one day i hope to finish it... it's just I'm a little pressed for time. The beginning isn't too hard, though, I'm sure you can work it out on your own with a minute or two of effort...

-Drew

Tags
abalone inlays , guitar tech , ibanez trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode