First Jem =) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

First Jem =)

This Friday i purchased my first ever Jem, a 7VWH...words cannot describe how this guitar feels, plays and sounds...and it is beatifull =)
Kind of strange how i came about it... i was originally going to purchase a Universe as i had no luck getting a Jem anywhere near i live.. i ordered myself a cab...but then my mother said that someone from the guitar shop had rang on Saturday..hmmm.
So..before my cab came i rang him....just as i rang someone walked in with a mint Jem...eeek! Im sure my mom is psychic! lol =)
Seems it was meant to be...i absolutely adore this guitar =)
I have never seen anything like it...blew me away! =)
So..thats my mission and gas over with...i have spent enough for a while...well until something else comes along lol =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 08:10 AM

Congratulations! That's a great feeling. I had hard time leaving my house after I bought my BSB and same happend with my next JEM
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 08:24 AM

Congrats! Enjoy
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

The best thing was when i opened it up to show my mother and one of her friends the Jem..i have never seen peoples jaw drop so low =)
Then i was asked to play some things to them...so for a change i got to crank my amp muhahhah...makes a change from turn that *beep* noise down =)
Just spent the last 2-3 hours polishing and checking over my 3 little friends..time for a wail when dinner is finished and get to grips with my new E-Bow =)
I can imagine how far my jaw dropped in the shop after seeing my Mother and her friends face lol...should have brought a camera =)
Its a great feeling to finally own one, only now do i see what people mean by owning a Jem =)
Si
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 11:33 AM

its great isn't it, owning a Jem. E-bows are cool, too. How long you had yours for?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 03:07 PM

Congrats on your Jem, welcome to the club
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

I got the E-Bow at the same time as the Jem as a matter of fact, as they had one in stock =)
Great little tool, i have yet to learn how to use it properly though =)
Yup..sure feeling great to own a Jem =)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 05:47 PM

I had something similar happen to me...I really wanted a 7VWH bad...so I went out to order me one in a nearby city. The guy at that guitar store told me a collector in my town had one for sale and was very eager to sell it. That saved me a lot of money even on a second-hand one if he had traded it in at that guitar store.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

To be honest the way i came to own the guitar was quite freaky in a way....but i am not complaining..i love it =)
I just have to sit down and actually play it...its a bank holiday weekend so i have been to see a local band live and drink genourous amounts of alchohol lol =)
Tomorrow i WILL sit down and play it all day...my cousin is coming round as well so should be a good day, playing my jem and tinkering with the e-bow =)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 03:27 AM

I got pretty lucky with my 7VWH too... I ordered one from musicians friend and found one on ebay 5 minutes later, about $400 cheaper. So, I cancelled my order, and got the one from ebay brand spanking new, set up professionally. I miss her though... it's been over 5 months since I touched her, caressed her...

Tags
guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode