Five Down, One to Go.... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Five Down, One to Go....

I think the last one I need is going to be the easiest to find.

I suck with a camera and my monitor is taking a dump, so I hope you can at least tell what these are...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Re: Five Down, One to Go....

Awesome guitars!
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Nice. I love UVs.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 PM

I hate you. I hope you die after amending your will and leaving all of your guitars to me.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM

From a thin necked player's perspective you already have all the ones that count. Im a MC and GR guy myself - but I aim to finish my collection as well asap. That is a seriously unique MC - any other photos? I cant quite make out if its ATD or MKR in that shot - I see elements of both.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

This is an ATD that was reswirled earlier this year. I waited over two years to get it. It is the last PAW Darren was going to do, according to him at that time. There is history in the "What happened to Darren" thread in the auction and resellers section. You can see more of this guitar on page 13 of that thread.

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panacea151 View Post
This is an ATD that was reswirled earlier this year. I waited over two years to get it. It is the last PAW Darren was going to do, according to him at that time. There is history in the "What happened to Darren" thread in the auction and resellers section. You can see more of this guitar on page 13 of that thread.

Got ya that explains it. I like it! The red was throwing me for a loop till you explained it. Great collection! What order did you aquire in? Im curious which you play the most, like the most etc. I recently sold off a bunch of guitars to go back to the original 4 UV's.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 AM

Nice collection there! Is the UV7PWH refinished too? Looks too bright to be the original finish still.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 AM

That is an amazing swirl - I am impressed, although because I am also a mighty curious lad, why was the guitar re-swirled?
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Nice collection there! Is the UV7PWH refinished too? Looks too bright to be the original finish still.
I think the flash washed it out. It is not quite as bright in person.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 AM
ken

nice collection. The last one should be easy enough indeed. lol
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
That is an amazing swirl - I am impressed, although because I am also a mighty curious lad, why was the guitar re-swirled?
I hated the original swirl, for an ATD, it was very plain. It had a chip behind the bridge from an accident while changing strings and there was some chipping on the front edge, around where the control knobs are just from being too sh** faced to put it on the guitar stand correctly.

I asked Darren to put a paint job on it as if Steve Vai called him tomorrow and said he wanted to reissue the PAW guitars. We talked about the color palette and wanted to make sure it was more mature, and not looking like a bowl of milk after you had eaten all of the Froot-Loops out of it. Darren also had complete creative license to stretch the boundaries a bit.

I thought I had lost it forever, and when he called me and said it was ready, he also said it was the last PAW he was going to do.

Last edited by panacea151; 09-10-2007 at 04:07 AM. Reason: I can't fu&%ing spell
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2 View Post
Got ya that explains it. I like it! The red was throwing me for a loop till you explained it. Great collection! What order did you aquire in? Im curious which you play the most, like the most etc. I recently sold off a bunch of guitars to go back to the original 4 UV's.
Of the ones in the picture: MC, GR, BK, BK'97, PWH

I really enjoy the playability and tone of the ugly-assed silver dot the best, it really has a lot of balls and the sweetest neck. It gets played the most, and the switch just died on it this weekend. I like the GR, well because it's a GR and also because it is signed by SSV and has some of his heiroglyphs on it. I also love the MC, there are so any cool things about the swirl, it is so violent looking. The red above the pickups (as you are holding it) looks like blood spatter from a totally brutal anime movie. Most of the faces and trippy little creatures in the paint that make you just say "whoaaaa" are in the red. The guitar also has "blobs" of green mainly, but also black, yellow and red, which I don't recall any other MC having. Darren was (and continues to go through) such a tumultuous time in his life, and his pain so accurately depicted in that swirl. It is the centerpiece, and a true testament that truly great swirls are more than a "happy accident".

Last edited by panacea151; 09-10-2007 at 05:03 AM.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Congratulations. The current UV was the last one that I added to the UV collection. Of course, now the option is Edge Pro (new), or Lo-Pro (used). Then of course, with the old style, you can try and locate one with the older body inlay.

One day, I'll get the photos up (I have all 6 UVs, as well as some RG7s, and some oddities)...

Cheers,
Butch
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panacea151 View Post

Its beautiful work by Darren. Definately one of my favorite PAW's

Darren's swirls always has that lush organic vibe.

Tags
blaze bridge , control knobs , custom jem , david mccarroll , maple neck , maple necks , steve vai , swirled jem , truss cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode