Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Five Down, One to Go....

5K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  eelblack2 
#1 ·
I think the last one I need is going to be the easiest to find.

I suck with a camera and my monitor is taking a dump, so I hope you can at least tell what these are...

See less See more
#5 ·
From a thin necked player's perspective you already have all the ones that count. Im a MC and GR guy myself - but I aim to finish my collection as well asap. That is a seriously unique MC - any other photos? I cant quite make out if its ATD or MKR in that shot - I see elements of both.

#6 ·
This is an ATD that was reswirled earlier this year. I waited over two years to get it. It is the last PAW Darren was going to do, according to him at that time. There is history in the "What happened to Darren" thread in the auction and resellers section. You can see more of this guitar on page 13 of that thread.

#7 ·
Got ya that explains it. I like it! The red was throwing me for a loop till you explained it. Great collection! What order did you aquire in? Im curious which you play the most, like the most etc. I recently sold off a bunch of guitars to go back to the original 4 UV's.

#12 · (Edited)
I hated the original swirl, for an ATD, it was very plain. It had a chip behind the bridge from an accident while changing strings and there was some chipping on the front edge, around where the control knobs are just from being too sh** faced to put it on the guitar stand correctly.

I asked Darren to put a paint job on it as if Steve Vai called him tomorrow and said he wanted to reissue the PAW guitars. We talked about the color palette and wanted to make sure it was more mature, and not looking like a bowl of milk after you had eaten all of the Froot-Loops out of it. Darren also had complete creative license to stretch the boundaries a bit.

I thought I had lost it forever, and when he called me and said it was ready, he also said it was the last PAW he was going to do.

#14 ·
Congratulations. The current UV was the last one that I added to the UV collection. Of course, now the option is Edge Pro (new), or Lo-Pro (used). Then of course, with the old style, you can try and locate one with the older body inlay.

One day, I'll get the photos up (I have all 6 UVs, as well as some RG7s, and some oddities)...

Cheers,
Butch

#19 ·
PMC'S are cool...the uvmc's also.how do you see the differens to a atd and a mkr swirl?i have en no idea.the green one is great..the white one is lovely.the black one is really cool.woeahwadiendadlkfjwoaeijad;lkjn...i go to the gibson forum....i'm going crazy here.....i want a.....uv......greenpurlwhiteblackmultieswirl....

#22 ·
panacea: I read the darren thread regarding your UVMC... quite the story... do not ever let it go!
I also have a GR [91xxxx s/n]... signed by most of the G3 '02 line-up on the back... i clearcoated it the night after I got 'em signed, the Petrucci and Sheenan sigs are almost faded since it's my only player 7-string and has been since I got it. the guitar's history apparently revealed a player's journey from the east coast to its current location over a 10 year period... I'll take updated pictures when I get the chance... i've had the chance to get an even trade for a uv777bk when I first got it... but there's something about maple necks i couldn't resist :)
also, I considered the uv777bk shouldn't be a hard guitar to find... it'd be nice to see pics of the complete set under one roof though!

Reg

#32 ·
Hey Bro.............
Just enjoying the monsoon season here. Soaken up some much needed rain. I just got my studio up & running a few days ago, so Ive become a recluse breaking everything in........including my new black & white swirled Jem7. Anyway............you can just mail em to MohawkedRanz@aol.com Thanks man. I love what Ive seen of your collection. Cant wait to see this one:smile:
Laterz!..................~Ranz~

#35 ·
here's my GR... few things to note: Tuned to Bb with DR's, 56, 46, 36, 24, 17, 12, and 9. I've long sold the original pickups when I first got this guitar but the Evo7 bridge and Blaze bridge in the neck has done well... i'm waiting for a black/green D Activator7 neck to replace the blaze. The whammy bar has an Ibanez Sure Grip sleeve... and I still have the original yellow knobs and pink switch but they're keepers. Scalloped 15 - 24 frets. And those who can't really see what these signatures are: starting from upper right: Vai, Satch, Petrucci, Keneally, and Sheenan.

Enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.