Flo Vs. Evo - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Flo Vs. Evo

Which one people? Why? Why not? If Vai was going to give you one or the other which one would you pick? Don't forget the horrible condition of Evo but its unsurpassed tone. FLo has the sustainer system by Fernandes. WHICH ONE?!?!?!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:55 PM

Id go with flo...just cus the crack is smaller, and i wanna play with one of those sustainer thingies :P
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:56 PM

if i were given the choice I would pic evo the one and only
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:04 PM

EVO.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:53 PM

I'd pick Flo because he would probably want to keep Evo, and Flo is in better condition.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:00 PM

Flo, it's in better condition and has the sustainer

post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:34 PM

Evo, id case it and hang it on my wall too... that thing is a huge part of History, and sad as it is i doubt any particular guitar will give him (and therefore us) that much joy...

Flo is just a jem with a sustainer...
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 10:19 PM

I'm amazed you would consider such a thing for evo. If she was played to death well... she'd be dead. But casing her forever on a wall is a worse kind of death. Live by the music, die by the music. We all have our time, even if some of us are guitars. Let evo die the way she lived!
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:28 PM

No, I disagree. When someone dies, you don't continue "using" their body until it completely falls apart. I think it's honorable to retire a guitar before a violent death to let it stand as a monument to all that was achieved on that particular instrument.
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 PM

yes, but is a guitar really dead if its still making beautiful music?? The moment it dies is the moment it ceases to harness Steve's greatness.
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:52 PM

Uhhhh... that's not what I said. I advocated retiring her before she died a gruesome death.
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 12:13 AM

uhhh...thanks for the enlightenment

IMO, its useless behind glass in all senses of the word, unless it can't be played.

At that point, her dead body should be given the proper accomodations. The history of the guitar will not be altered or lessened either way. If anything, the extra time in use will give it a greater life story to tell.

Anyway, if a guitar were really like a human and had a say in how it was layed to rest, I'd be inclined to think of it this way:

how many people like to be put in a casket before their dead? As PiSan maintained, its better to live your life before you die. the only good way to die is to have lived your life as fully as possible before you go.

Whatever, its pointless debate anyway. Back to the thread at hand. Sorry all
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 12:17 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
this thread has really tanked.

mental blocks & superstition aside, there is nothing vai has done on Evo, that couldn't have been done by him with a different VWH. too bad he fails to realize that... glen
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 12:21 AM

I see what glen's saying.

I think its just evo's 'feel' more than anything. I'm a firm believe that Steve could make a Tonka Toy guitar sound heavenly if he tried hard enough. Like any fine wine, a guitar gets better with age, and you aquire a taste for it. but honestly, if he records his next album with a modded 555, it'd be just as good, and I'd bet I'd hear no audible differences

By the way, i think I'd go with Flo. Evo holds a special place in Vai history, but Flo is the future me thinks.

It's like a new-age Evo.
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grindfiend
No, I disagree. When someone dies, you don't continue "using" their body until it completely falls apart.
Really? You should see what happened to my last girlfriend.

Whew, horrible joke, but I couldn't resist. Um, none of the above. I'm REALLY lusting over that UV-90th he's got- jem-90th with an extra string. god damn, i want that guitar.

Tags
chrome jem , dimarzio super distortion , fender strat , fender strats , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , neck pickup , phil collen , production model , signature guitar , squier strat , steve vai , string tree , string trees , super distortion , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

best dos sequencers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode