Floral Universe? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Floral Universe?

I read an article about meshuggah a while back, and I think Marten(guitar) mentioned the original UV released had the floral finish like the JEM77FP.

Does anyone know anything about this, or is it perhaps just plain wrong?
(after all, guitar mags seem to print some strange info from time to time)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 01:48 PM
EKG

As far as I know, there never has been a Floral UV ;-)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I read once that the original UV prototype was in fact yellow and that was used a lot on the Whitesnake album, then there was the PAW swirl UV...

I've never seen, nor heard of a floral print UV before.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
I read once that the original UV prototype was in fact yellow and that was used a lot on the Whitesnake album, then there was the PAW swirl UV...

I've never seen, nor heard of a floral print UV before.
yep, that's what i read too. and i think the PAW swirl UV also has a monkey grip.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenuke
yep, that's what i read too. and i think the PAW swirl UV also has a monkey grip.
Yah. You can kind of see it on the cover and the back of the jewel case. But if you check out the PAW transcription book, it has a huge pic of the guitar and steve's boots. In that photo it's painfully obvious that the guitar photo has been doctored in the area where the handle would be.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

oh well... would have been nice to see one. bloody guitar mags getting me all EXCITED for nothing.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malhavok
Quote:
Yah. You can kind of see it on the cover and the back of the jewel case. But if you check out the PAW transcription book, it has a huge pic of the guitar and steve's boots. In that photo it's painfully obvious that the guitar photo has been doctored in the area where the handle would be.
hmm... i used to look at that cover and the insert all the time because they looked so cool but i never noticed they were doctored... hmm...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 02:37 PM

Quote:
hmm... i used to look at that cover and the insert all the time because they looked so cool but i never noticed they were doctored... hmm...

Compare the two photos closely. You'll see the swirl in the area of the handle is slightly different in each photo. On the PAW transcription book it's real easy to see because the photos are so large. But you should probably be able to spot it on the album as well.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 10:30 AM

Eddie-you should be the first to make a Floral seven string! The seven string copy of the VWH on your site looked great!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 11:45 AM
EKG

You guys always give me great ideas! There just isn't enough time to do them :-(

From what I understand about the airbrushing/doctoring of those pics is that the UV's were not going to have the grip. So, not to mislead the masses, the doctored the pics.

Anybody jump in with more info ;-)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 12:02 PM

I thought they did it to avoid all kind of legal issues n stuff

Tags
guitar mag , monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode