Flying In A Multi-Colored Dream - UV77MC has arrived... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
rvj

Flying In A Multi-Colored Dream - UV77MC has arrived...

Well folks, the wait is finally over. My UVMC arrived today, and she sure is sweet!!! Very intricate swirl with a wide range of colors. It's got three shades of green...Neon, Dark, and a really cool mint green. This guitar is super clean, you'd have to buy a new one to get any better. If anybody's interested, pics are here on Jemsite. Go to the guitar photo gallery and look up UVMC page six. It's the fifth guitar down or pics #6 and #7. Pics really don't do any swirl justice, they're way nicer in person. The fretboard is pretty dark too, makes those pyramids really stand out. This UVMC look killer next to my DNA. Now I'm only one guitar away from completing my Jem/UV collection. Unless of course, they come out with a new Jem....hehehe. I'll take some good group shots and get them posted soon. Time to shut-up and play my guitar! --rvj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 11:32 PM
Vendor

Flying In A Multi-Colored Dream

Oh yea, the one you beat me out of on ebay! :biggrin:

Congrats on finally getting it. I never even realized it was in the Gallery here!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 12:39 AM

Ron,
May I have the pleasure of officially congratulating you:

Congratulations!

After listening to your murderous intent towards the UPS guy for driving past your house on Friday, emptyhanded, I must admit I feared the worst for the poor man when he finally did deliver the UV...I had this horrible picture of a UPS man staggering/limping back to his big brown van with many bruises and broken bones...hehehe....
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 12:44 AM
Vendor

That would be the UPS driver that had to deliver his wayward MC back to him in Texas
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 06:51 AM

Congrats !!!
Hope one day i also will get one.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:04 PM

UPS… MC…. Don’t get me started!

Congrats! “Oblivion”, my MC is my favorite guitar.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
rvj

Yep, that's the one Rich. And may I say it is worth every penny. Oh, and congrats on the pink lined case you swiped in the last seconds. I did'nt want to pay that much anyhow. I talked to the seller an hour before the auction ended and he agreed to accept $60. Then changed his mind. The UVMC is awesome and came with all the goodies, including the original Vai booklet. Also it had an original Ibanez price list from Chesbro dated for February '92. Which has all the list prices for the UV's and Jem's including the PMC, GMC, FP, BFP, UV77MC, UV7BK, and UVPWH. If anybody is interested in these prices, I'll start a thread. --rvj
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:28 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

please post the price list so i can update the price guide with numbers from '92. It makes for a good comparison... glen
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:42 PM

Congrats on the MC!
Enjoy it!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:48 PM

So you have every Jem and UV except for one eh ?? You lucky bastard.. * Witch one is the missing one ?? *Ill soon begin with my first... hehehehehhee

(im guessing the 555 doesnt count as one heheheheh)
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 02:10 PM
Vendor

Glen, my price list collection is getting near complete if you ever want to scan them all.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
rvj

Glen, is it possible to remove "private owner" from those pics and slap my name in there? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! rvj/Ron Jones
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 09:17 AM

Ron--

Congrats on the MC! Might just be the sweetest guitar ever made... I hadn't played mine for a while and spontaneously pulled it out last night for band practice. Like a fine wine, just keeps getting better with age! *

--B
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 12:07 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Quote: from rvj on 3:12 am on Nov. 8, 2001
Glen, is it possible to remove "private owner" from those pics and slap my name in there? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! rvj/Ron Jones
Sure thing! ...glen
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
rvj

[quote]Quote: from Jay Satriani on 11:48 am on Nov. 7, 2001
So you have every Jem and UV except for one eh ?? You lucky bastard...

Jay, I don't have every Jem/UV, nor do I want them all. I just want five. The one that's missing is the Jem 90th. I almost bought a new/old stock but the UVMC popped up. Priorities!!! I had to jump on the UVMC, because those are'nt readily available. Plus, it's in mint condition and has a killer ATD swirl. I'll get a 90th eventually, but it's going to have to wait since I plucked down my hard earned cash for the UVMC. Anyway, I've been spending some time with the UV and it is sweet! Have'nt touched my Jems since this baby arrived. This is my first seven string and I love it. --rvj

Tags
atd swirl , killer guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode