Fourth Original Chromeboy - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Fourth Original Chromeboy

I found this video of Joe playing the black headstock Chrome guitar. As I understand it he had four originally, Chromeboy, Pearly, Goldboy and this one. I believe two prototypes two production but I'm not sure of that. Anyway, here is the black headstock chrome with the chrome pickups in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsH5nb0-v-U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 10:48 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: Fourth Original Chromeboy

Notice the tremolo bar is straight too!

Jimmy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 01:14 PM

This should be the one with the evertune bridge installed now.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Not necessarily. He's got lots of other chromes. There was that japanese guitar magazine with most of his collection that shows he has a number of other chromes, not sure if they are actual chrome or some other material but he's got lots of them. New ones, a JS2000 bridged one. The JS2 PRM prototype, the JS2 PRMs. He's definitely got way more than those original four, but those are the ones from the JS2 and JS2 prototype batch.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 AM

we will likely never know

this is the one i'm talking about, featured in the Premier Guitar chickenfoot rig rundown 2012: http://www.premierguitar.com/ext/res...JPG?1374688093

this one has a headstock with the golden "mustache" thingy and chrome ibanez logo, but on black.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 AM

pickups are black though, while in your video they're chrome...

oh well, whatever
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Cool picture. I have seen one of his Evertune guitars with the JS2000 finish on it. Was wondering if they ever planned on releasing the ever tunes as a production model.

Tags
chromeboys ibanez jss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode