FP2 clone build. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
FP2 clone build.

When I saw a picture of an FP2 clone body that chris from legacy made for himself I just had to have one. when I asked him about a FP2 type neck and he said he could do one for me as well, that was it! I had to have it, much to the dismay of my wife, who is certain Im trying to fill the living room walls with guitar (wallpaper sucks!). Here is the picture of the build. This will be my next project as soon as I have sorted out my swirled jem Im building at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: FP2 clone build.

It would be interesting to see one of those with a different color scheme
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Vendor

And that is exactly why Legacy should be banned from posting any pictures on this board.

Building a clone of a current production model is just not right. You might as well promote Chinese counterfeits. These are no different.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

The thing I cant understand is where would the pattern come from? I searched high and low on the internet and ....nothing. This guitar is for me to use until it or I die it will be used at gigs. if any of you think I would use one of my genuine Jems to thrash around on the stage smashing it into mike stands and what have you, then your either stupid or or think I have money to burn.... actually I did set one of my RG's on fire at a gig about 10 years ago, wouldnt get away with it now though as we have a smoking ban in public places!!!
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Vendor

Yea, that makes counterfeiting ok, doesn't it.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Why not just get one painted the way you want it instead of having someone copy the retail one? Wouldn't you rather have it look unique? It's why my 2 540PII custom look like nothing Ibanez ever made. Plus, still, the floral is so damn ugly.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:27 PM

I can tell you where to get the pattern.......Rich gave it to me.

I built mine because I HAVE A REAL ONE, and I'm going to keep it nice in a box for down the road. I'm happy to post pictures of the real one too. I think it's super cool. Oh, and I built it using ALL ORIGINAL IBANEZ AND DIMARZIO PARTS. So, yes, I painted it, I assembled it. As you can see I didn't put "Ibanez" on the headstock. Therefore, I have no problem with it.

I personal own more Ibanez guitars than anyone I know. (I'm sure there are people that have more of them on Jemsite, but they can't be married.) So, I give Ibanez a ton of my money to Ibanez, and ALWAYS will.

Oh, and I didn't post the picture.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Agree 100% with Rich.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
Why not just get one painted the way you want it instead of having someone copy the retail one? Wouldn't you rather have it look unique? It's why my 2 540PII custom look like nothing Ibanez ever made. Plus, still, the floral is so damn ugly.
Dude the chances are at some point when this is battered beyond belief I will refinish it like I have done with a few of my guitars.
Why the f*** would I want to spend a fortune on a real Ibanez FP2 that Im gonna abuse on stage??? I cant afford to do that. This guitar will live on in many different colours and hardware combos. It still baffles me where the pattern came from though???????

It would seem while I was posting this, the answer about the pattern has now become clear. wow! who would have thought it was right under my nose.... brings a whole new meaning to the saying "cant see the wood for the trees"....... or flowers in this case.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 PM

I told you. I got it from Rich.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegacy View Post
I can tell you where to get the pattern.......Rich gave it to me.

I built mine because I HAVE A REAL ONE, and I'm going to keep it nice in a box for down the road. I'm happy to post pictures of the real one too. I think it's super cool. Oh, and I built it using ALL ORIGINAL IBANEZ AND DIMARZIO PARTS. So, yes, I painted it, I assembled it. As you can see I didn't put "Ibanez" on the headstock. Therefore, I have no problem with it.

I personal own more Ibanez guitars than anyone I know. (I'm sure there are people that have more of them on Jemsite, but they can't be married.) So, I give Ibanez a ton of my money to Ibanez, and ALWAYS will.

Oh, and I didn't post the picture.
You have taken more money from Ibanez 100 fold than you have ever given them. You agreed to build one to sell, that makes you no better than a Chinese counterfeiter. You have built your business abusing Ibanez copyrights. You need to be shut down, for good.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegacy View Post
I told you. I got it from Rich.
It was a walpaper used on all Ibanez.com sites, and available for use by authorized dealers. What gives you the right?
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Reviews: 21

I'm not going to lie. I've bought from Chris before.
I agree with Rich, though. Cloning a current model IS counterfeiting.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:39 PM

if its not an offical Ibanez, i wan't nothing to do with it.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I'm not going to lie. I've bought from Chris before.
I agree with Rich, though. Cloning a current model IS counterfeiting.
so if I knock out a few GMC or DNA clones then thats ok as they are not current??????
Closed Thread

Tags
clone , custom , fp2 , jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode