Fractal JS swirl - Page 13 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Fractal JS swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
I do everything with computers. Go look at my website. I do my own website. I was a Computer Tech for Macwarehouse. I'm not against computers at all, but Swirling is an Art. If you think it's so easy, then show me your work.
So if I show you some work my point would be right?
What a teenage comment you did like hey you play better than me so show me your playing!
LOL
Throwing paintings over a wall is not art to me but for some people is.
Throwing paintings over water and hopeing something good would come up is not art.
I did so many swirls in kindergarten ,obviously not on guitars lol
We used to have a toy in my country around 1980 to make swirls on paper,a machine keeps turning a paper and you just had to drop paint over it.
Is that art?
Not to me.

My point is no painter will lost his job cause there are place to everybody.
The majority still want a real painter but if a computer can turns a poor guy's dream alive,why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Reviews: 3

You're clueless.
post #183 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

even if my swirl was the best in the world and somebody said hey man your swirl is pure art I would reply=nope,my swirl is just a bunch of paint on the water.
Swirl isn't art,it's a technique.
No art galleries have swirls.
Swirling a bunch of paintings is a technique and you don't need to be an artist or even smart to do it.There are hundreds of videos in youtube with people doing them in a few minutes.
Yeah I'm clueless.
Go to painting schools websites and research about techniques.
Just because you do something,don't try to turn it into something special.It's special to you but not.................art,it's a technique.
Hey I love swirls but they're just a tech......you know what.
Not?
Research SWIRL TECHNIQUE.

Van Gogh swirl lol =

Last edited by 6fingers; 07-10-2010 at 12:40 PM.
post #184 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
Cool. Another computer taking more work from artists. I guess the fact that I can hand paint and replicate Satriani's guitars doesn't matter anymore. I'll just sell all my paint, equipment, and get a printer. Oh wait, doesn't someone still have to clear it?
People want cheap stuff, it doesn't necessarily need to be good work, or good materials, just cheap. How many people here talk about not being able to afford a real Jem, while posting pictures of their 7 Chinese guitars in a separate thread?
post #185 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
while posting pictures of their 7 Chinese guitars in a separate thread?
LOL hahahahahaahaha
post #186 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Contributor

My friend and I call those Squibanezes. As in Squier to Fender. I mean not just the knock offs, but the cheap ibanezes are Squibanez. Maybe it will catch on here.
OCDemon is online  

Tags
acoustic guitar , atd swirl , clear coat , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , double cutaway , electric guitar , guitar body , guitar shop , headstock shape , herc fede , herc swirl , ibanez guitars , joe satriani , pickup ring , pickup rings , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode