Which fretboard cleaner for my UV777BK - lemon oil solution? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Which fretboard cleaner for my UV777BK - lemon oil solution?

Guys tell me which fretboard/string cleaner is the best for my UV. I use lemon oil type solutions(Dr Stringfellow) most of the time on my other guitars, shall I use it on my UV too??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:38 PM

Which fretboard cleaner for my UV777BK

I just started using bore oil yesterday, and I have to vote for that....it really did make the fretboard feel better than ever, and it effectively darkened the lighter-grained rosewood fretboard on my UV777BK
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 06:34 PM

I use lemon oil for cleaning, sometimes a toothbrush and soapwater. In case of severe dryness I use olive oil.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 03:08 AM

defenetely.
even those 01+02 by Dunlop work pretty well. try them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:41 PM

How is that Dr. Stringfellow stuff? I'm using Gibson fretboard conditioner & string cleaner/lubricant(2 different products). Do you use it just to wipe strings or also as a fretboard conditioner?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 12:59 AM

I use rubbing alcohol to wipe strings,and for crud buildup on the fretboard.I usually oil the board with lemon oil when it looks dry.How does bore oil compare to lemon oil?Worth the switch?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:44 AM

I use Hope's Premium Lemon Oil for cleaning/conditioning the fretboard, and it works great. Darkens the rosewood up to about an undyed ebony look... almost. Feels and plays SO smooth. I also used Hope's 100% Tung Oil for the back of the neck (it's natural, unfinished) and that also plays and feels very smooth. Rich at ibaneszrules.com recomends bore oil for the fretboard, but as I've never played that (Not sure where to get it. Probably a music store that specializes in classical style instruments) I can't comment on it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Xing Cztarre on 5:41 am on Feb. 19, 2002
How is that Dr. Stringfellow stuff? I'm using Gibson fretboard conditioner & string cleaner/lubricant(2 different products). Do you use it just to wipe strings or also as a fretboard conditioner?
Stringfellow is a lemon oil solution works for both strings and rosewood fretboards.

Tags
music store , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode