Frustration... a Jem 10th.... !! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Frustration... a Jem 10th.... !!

slipped trough my fingers at a ridiculous price. I have to loose this:

Earlier this week, during a late nite classifieds hunt, suddenly at 0:10 a Jem 10th popped up in one of the local classifieds site I visit regularly. Price: James Bond backwards in !!! Impossible too good to be true as I find this the nicest anniversary Jem that goes easily 3000 and more. Problem: No phone number, so mailed instantly. Good thing was it was posted in the middle of the night, so not too much rival GASed guitarists around. I might just get lucky. Couldn't go to sleep so stayed up until 2 am. still nothing, number of views on this add keeps low. This is frakkin killin me. Went to bed. and when I woke up around 6 I just had to check. No answer, count still low. what a major GAS attack.

But then: at 9, still no answer and the add just had been removed. AAAAAAAARG ! vanished into thin air, no phone number, contact was only possible trough the add site so ne email. And it looked absolutely genuine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:31 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: Frustration... a Jem 10th.... !!

man thats horrible.. id be more than frustrated..ID BE ANGRY =p
you should look on the bright side tho, you might have saved urself a world of trouble by not buying from such a seller, or not being able to neways =p
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:34 PM

Why didn't you email him saying that he may have grossly mispriced his guitar? Would that not have been a considerate thing to do?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
Why didn't you email him saying that he may have grossly mispriced his guitar? Would that not have been a considerate thing to do?
Is that what you tell GC when you're buying their DNA's?

It's quite possible it was either a con, or a mistake, and that was why it was gone so fast.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM

I feel it's different when working with a dealer whose business is buying and selling guitars. Besides, I paid about only 20-25% less than what it sold for in the open and free market so it wasn't exactly a rip worth staying up all night over.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:52 PM

If the guys happy to sell it at that price there should be no issue, for all you know his wife or child might of needed a operation. Although I probably couldn't do it.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

It didn't look like a con. The same seller had a PRS, for a very nice price for sale as well.

Yeah tonelover. I've seen all kinds of sellers, included people that buy the most expensive gear every 3 months and get bored with it quickly and can't get their hands on something 'new' fast enough because they have money to spare. You can only be a fair buyer to some extent in such a case. I mean when you put something like that on sale for a total wacko price, how careless can you get. One search on google can suffice. If you would just inform the guy, hands down, noble. I'm affraid my flesh would be just too weak here lol
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 PM

Sounds too good to be true. Probably stolen
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

yeah. stolen stuff, that went trough my mind as well.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 AM

Nope point in listing a stolen jem anyone would know that not online anyway.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's quite possible it was either a con, or a mistake, and that was why it was gone so fast.
Yeah, it could be a mistake.

Maybe he's crazier than we thought and didn't even intend to put the 007 backwards!

You could be looking at an even BETTER price here. :P
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 AM

It's a well known fraud, same offer here in German boards. Pic is stolen, if you pay you'll get nothing.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

ahan really? first time I saw it here, and I check sites quite a lot. A search on fake 10th didn't deliver anything usefull. This situation isn't a fake but a scam af coursre. And now you mention it. The add containted some german. phew, this might acutally be a relief hehe. Making such advantage of GAS-sensitive people, what a crime!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Is that what you tell GC when you're buying their DNA's?
That's fcking hilarious..............(sorry Jemsite doesn't have the gut-busting rolling on the floor smiliey)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM

I got burned on a BSB jem from tiwan on teh bay. Got all my money back from paypal though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode