A funny thng happened on the way to the forum... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

A funny thng happened on the way to the forum...

I went to G.C. to get a better setup on a new Fender Thinline Tele today, and my salesman there snuck up with a JEM7VWH. He knows I am a sucker for cool stuff that has a jazzy sound of any kind.Never even saw one before. Never paid any attention to anything but the PM's (my hero). He played it and that tremolo blew my mind. Even though I took a hit on trading in the Tele for her, I went for it anyways. Who knows what I really paid, I really didn't care. The floor model had a cracked fingerboard so he grabbed a new one from the back, but it was supposed to go to G.C. in another state, it was already sold. He called the other store up, the guy was out to lunch. As we were writing it up, the lunch man called and pitched a fit. My guy asked me to take the cracked one home and play with it until the one the other store had on order came in. I agreed. I had no intention of spending money today, but I fell in love with the trem and the sound. I have two Gibbies and they are awesome, but this is fun and awesome at the same time.

I got the demo home and tried to tune her. OY! Forget it, I got close, but no cigar. I searched the web for tips and zeroed in closer, but still, nothing really worked for me.

I'll figure it out with their help I hope...in the meantime, is there anything I should make sure of regarding the one on order? Year, serial number sequence to look for, differences from one to another? I might as well call him and let him know what I want to make sure of before I pick up a new one from him whenever that might be.

Long day, and I am glad to be here, you guys are real fans and this forum is cool like the F*nder forum is, very diverse and responsive it seems.

Kindest regards...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 06:43 AM

Only thing to look at with regards to the year is that in 2003 Ibanez came out with the new Edge Pro bridge. So on 2003 and newer JEM7VWHs they have the Edge Pro Bridge (which doesn't have locking studs, I'm sure Rich will come along to explain this eventually ) and JEM7VWHs from 2002 and before have the Lo-Pro Edge bridge.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM

Visit the ibanezrules site and check out the tech section.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:27 PM

fantastic tech section there, for sure!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 05:02 PM

try to buy an '03 7vwh with an ebony neck, the '04's have rosewood!

Tags
ebony neck , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , locking stud , locking studs , pro edge , pro edge bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode