G.A.S. continues with new Jem7BSB - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

G.A.S. continues with new Jem7BSB

UPS brought me a nice little package today containing a dead mint/new Jem7BSB. Apparently the BSB is one of those guitars that people seem to love or hate, I've always found them interesting enough and decided to satisfy my curiosity.

Came from a seller in Italy who says he had a music store and this piece went unsold. Dead mint+ condition, plastic on pickguard, perfect hardware, no scratches, no finish stains from usage, no fretwear and a sparkling clean neck. Has a definite new guitar smell and one that I'd guess only BSB's can have due to their unique finish.

I'm at work right now and can't play it but it sure looks great, very unusual but appealing at the same time. I can't stop opening the case up and checking it out.

Price paid including international shipping was $1,400 so it was up there. I must admit that I'm a bit torn on the issue of usage. It's definitely in tip-top collectible condition but what fun are they if you don't play them?

Will post some pictures this evening once I get home. I'd love to hear people's current opinions on the BSB, good or bad in the meantime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Re: G.A.S. continues with new Jem7BSB

We'll be waiting for those pic's..... congrats on the new arrival!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:19 PM

Congrats!

Get dem pics up

The BSB isn't my fav Jem, but still nice. A Jem is a Jem!

Oh....and YES! PLAY the damn thing!!

It's a travesty to leave a Jem in a case or hanging on the wall

Jems NEED to be played!
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Oooh nice one I want a BSB...

They're slinky!

~M
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:59 PM

I love BSB's! Congrats, looking forward to the pics!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 PM

congrats! getting one in MINT shape at that price is a steal. just ask Rich what he would have gotten for it.
looking forwards to seeing pics - you don't see one in that condition anymore - lucky find!
play it like you stole it!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Congrats! I can't say the BSB is one of my favorites in the looks department but I wouldn't complain about owning one either!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
congrats! getting one in MINT shape at that price is a steal. just ask Rich what he would have gotten for it.
looking forwards to seeing pics - you don't see one in that condition anymore - lucky find! play it like you stole it!
Last one I saw was well used and had lots of finish wear. The seller had a buy it now of like $1,250 and someone hit it almost immediately.

If anyone wants to see the item from "that auction place" just look at item #140026102152.

There's a picture in which the back of the headstock looks like the serial number has been erasered off or something but it's just a reflection from the label. Number is CE F9850593 and the area has not been played with at all.

Will get some better pictures up this evening, thanks for the comments.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:57 PM

i'll bet the clock is ticking mighty slow waiting to go home and plug it in......tick...................................... ....tock..................
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Not my favorite, but at that price and in that condition, might as well! Congratz.

Last edited by <b>GilkyBear</b>; 09-18-2006 at 10:06 AM.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
EyE

Reviews: 1

Congrats dude> Those BSB are some beauties. Some of you have seen mine here recently. Mine BSB ser.nr. is F524871. Here is a pic of her when I just got here. And some more of her now.

Congrats again man. Can't waite to see some pics of her.

Last edited by EyE; 09-11-2006 at 03:24 PM.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
i'll bet the clock is ticking mighty slow waiting to go home and plug it n..tick..tock..
Yes, I think I'm coming down with the 24 hour flu...stomach starting to hurt...better tell the boss that I need to go home early...

Actually I'm really curious to see how the Evo's sound. Much like the BSB, people seem to either love them or hate them.

Eye, thanks for showing yours. Obviously they are well loved and appreciated!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
Yes, I think I'm coming down with the 24 hour flu...stomach starting to hurt...better tell the boss that I need to go home early...

Actually I'm really curious to see how the Evo's sound. Much like the BSB, people seem to either love them or hate them.
now you're thinking! (cough, cough)

you can raise or lower the heigth to suite your taste. i have an EVO in my 7VWH (Elvis) and with it lowered a little i don't mind the extreme output but i do plan to go for the EVOII in white as a replacement in the near fututre. i had an EVO in one of my basswood RG's and it was just too hot so i swapped it for an EVOII and i love it!

not sure why i was thinking the BSB had a different set of pups in it? i guess i haven't looked at the specs in awhile. Breeds seem to be a popular choice as well.
looking forward to pics and hearing your thoughts on your new baby plugged in!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 PM

hey EyE, did you scallop the upper frets?
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 PM

That's crazy...a nice guitar sitting/leaning against concrete...It is it me?

I try to keep my guitar away from concrete, masonary surfaces, pretty much anything that would scratch it. I see that guitar is well worn. It does add character, though. But still.

Anyway...congratz on the new guitar. I hope you keep your's safe.

I always thought those fret markers were cool.

Rock on!!!

Tags
bridge position , clear coat , custom jem , fret markers , maple fret , maple fretboard , music store , neck position , steve vai , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode