Getting Slash On A 7DBK - Slash sound - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Getting Slash On A 7DBK - Slash sound

could anyone help me out a bit on getting slash's sound on sweet child/dont damn me/november rain, on a jem 7dbk. *I have evolution pickups installed and i use a marshall silver jubilee 2554 amp. *So as far as equipment goes im halfway there, i was just wondering what i should set the amp at, bass/trebble/mid/gain/presence, etc to get his tone on most of his G'N'R songs. Thanks a lot. * * * -Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:28 PM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

Experiment with your mix. I would first start with the neck pickup and then tweak my tone and then start on the amp. Sorry I couldn't give you a specific answer but I don't listen to Slash or GNR. Good luck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 09:14 AM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

Hi

slashs DIst settings are:

Mid - 5/10
treble and bass 7/10

these are *roughly* his so tweak ass nessacary

two settings saul uses are

Neck - near full vol , 0 tone -sweet child o mine and Knocking on heavens door solo

Bridge - all full (vol n tone) this is his rythem sound however evos are hotter so id use the folloying

VOl - 8 Tone 7

with this and the amp setting you shoul be there
i do this on my new JEM7vwh and works a treat
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 10:16 AM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

Intro-Solos-Outro
Neck position pickup, turn down the tone. *Works great live.

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH

Cleanish Sections
Position 2, tone all the way up, roll way off the volume.

I play that song with some older guys, it always pisses this one guy off becuase he's totally set against GNR for some reason. *What a tool.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 02:29 PM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

FX and tone mix is the key, especially with the hot pickups you got. *I think Slash uses APH-1 (Alnico II PRO) Duncans, but I really don't know how hot his pickups are. *Duncan might chart this on their site. *Keep to your humbuckers and stay away from the single coils. *For Slash, it seems he LOVES the neck pickup, hence the warm tone we oh so dig. *Just listen to what he's doing in the song with what pickups he's using where. *With humbuckers it's like night and day.

Gabe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 02:41 PM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

I was actually saying the position 2 for the main riff that is played behind "She's got a shile...." part. *That's an Izzy part that I can swear was probably recorded on a Charvel or some guitar of the times with 1 HB and 2 SIs.

Jon
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:33 AM

Getting Slash On A 7DBK

[edit] EEEEP! Wrong thread! SORRY! [/edit]

(Edited by Patrick Deno at 3:35 am on Aug. 26, 2001)

Tags
evolution pickups , neck pickup , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode