Getting a universe? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Getting a universe?

Hi agian well my mom is trying to get me to get a job so she got a musicians friend credit card qith a 3000 dollar limit she said shed front me the money for a new guitar and amp if i got a job so i was thinking about getting my firsy 7- string(a universe) what do you guys think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:49 AM

Getting a universe?

Get a job !

Joten
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:41 AM

Getting a universe?

i don't understand your post very much. if the situation is your mother lets you use the credit while you work, then my advice is no. save credit for buying a house or a car. besides, i guarantee that workng a lot and then buying the guitar will feel great (....do you accept...CASH?).
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 01:00 PM

Getting a universe?

Guitarforceone, is your mom currently interested in adopting? *:biggrin: *I could use a new JEM! *Maybe a 90th, since I have a VWH on the way now!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 05:51 PM

Getting a universe?

i was gonna ask if she can adopt me.... but she makes you pay stuff back. *hey, let her front you the money and then run away from home! *
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 06:00 PM

Getting a universe?

Yeah, I can offer you a place to stay for a month for the small fee of one (1) Ibanez Universe....
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Getting a universe?

well yeah ill have to pay it back but man i got some crappy gear and im in dire need of a good axe so its either vwh or universe and hey ill only have to work weekends school is to important right now if i wanna get into berklee C.O.M, but hey ill pstay at your place you can have all my old gear (3 guitars 1 amp 1 acoustic)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 05:12 PM

Getting a universe?

Get the Ibanez Universe 777BK. That's a bad ass guitar, and they're selling for very very cheap on E-bay right now. If you want a really cool guitar at a super cheap price, go to E-bay and check it out. I think i saw one with a case going for somewhere aroud $1000. And the retail on those guitars is over $2000. Good luck on your new guitar. Treat your mom good; she deserves it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 08:07 PM

Getting a universe?

Definitely get a UV777BK. *The only thing I would recommend Universe-wise that would be within a nice price range would be that or the UV7BK or UV7PWH....the latter of which could run you over 1000, easily.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Getting a universe?

Well im a lil worried because this will be my first 7-string and i have no clue what it will be like to make the change from 6 to 7 string do you *think i will be able to make the change easily? im a relative novice but i been polayin a while
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 10:58 AM

Getting a universe?

Quote:
Guitarforceone on 10:59 pm on Jan. 5, 2002
Well im a lil worried because this will be my first 7-string and i have no clue what it will be like to make the change from 6 to 7 string do you *think i will be able to make the change easily? im a relative novice but i been polayin a while
I have a 7 for almost 5 months and my adaptation was good.
You don't even notice the time's passing and, when you wake up....BOOM! You're playing on a 7 just the way (or even better) you do with a 6 string.
I have an UV777Bk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode