Gio Ibanez Fake? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Gio Ibanez Fake?

Hey Guys, was looking to buy this Gio ibanez for only 150 but not sure if it's fake. I know fakes are pretty common with online sales with sites like eBay but i was wondering if any of you could help? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181108-102841_Kijiji_1541698142576.jpg (897.8 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:01 PM

It's a real Gio, like a Squier is real.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

How do you know though?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Because no-one would bother to fake a cheap Chinese guitar. Only expensive American and Japanese guitars get faked.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

From my understanding squier guitars get faked all the time and they're not expensive at all? Just trying to be sure before i get a guitar. Thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:53 AM

Re: Gio Ibanez Fake?

If you are really concerned about it, ask for a high resolution pic of the front and back, especially the back of the headstock. You could do an image search online of that model front and back and closely compare the hardware and other features of both. There could be cheaper hardware, the font/size of the serial number and other text could be different, etc.

Based on a quick search, it looks like it would be a GART60. I saw a couple pictures with the off-white pickup rings so that could have come on older models. The ones now seem to all have black pickup rings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode