Is this a good deal? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 555
Reviews: 1
Red face Is this a good deal?

Hi, Ive been searching of E bay and came across a DBK for likr 500$. is this good. he says its not a chibanez and that he has the knowledge from being on jemsite. i think its a good deal. but all ii need to know is if the neck is warped. because me dad is really anal about how the neck is. plese reply
AmazinAzian12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Huddersfield/Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 1,373
Re: Is this a good deal?

Can you post the auction number? We'll tell you if it looks legit or not.
Andelusion is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,588
Re: Is this a good deal?

If legit its not going to end at $500.
Rich is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 555
Reviews: 1
Smile Re: Is this a good deal?

Its like at 510 right now. here is the auction number: 270060753362

I think its real . nuthing a chibanez has. like fat monkey grip or wrong bridge or any thing.
AmazinAzian12 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Re: Is this a good deal?

Oh Josh is selling it. I bought my UV777BK from him. Great guy.

But it's not going to end at that price. During the last 24 hours I promise you it will go above 800.
Drow Swordsman is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 555
Reviews: 1
Talking Re: Is this a good deal?

Oh ok. well thats at least good right? like a jem could go for as much as 5000 depending on the type right. and it says on this site that the price it used to be was 1500 so i guess 700 off is a good deal. i like looking at it this way. 100 dollars for each year takin off. its a 99 so 99 - 2006 is like 700 dollars. counting 1999. so it has to be a great deal.

Oh and one more thing. Drow Swordsman. was the neck on your universe warped or like good as new? because like how i posted first. my dad is really anal about the neck being warped because ever since he got screwed in buying a chibanez
AmazinAzian12 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 09:49 PM
 
mi2tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Posts: 7,559
Re: Is this a good deal?

500usd is totally good but I don't think it'll end with that price
mi2tom is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Re: Is this a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinAzian12 View Post
Oh ok. well thats at least good right? like a jem could go for as much as 5000 depending on the type right. and it says on this site that the price it used to be was 1500 so i guess 700 off is a good deal. i like looking at it this way. 100 dollars for each year takin off. its a 99 so 99 - 2006 is like 700 dollars. counting 1999. so it has to be a great deal.

Oh and one more thing. Drow Swordsman. was the neck on your universe warped or like good as new? because like how i posted first. my dad is really anal about the neck being warped because ever since he got screwed in buying a chibanez
It's fantastic. Remember we're talking about Japanese quality Ibanez's here, not Chibanez fakes.

Also remember there are other things to look over other than trying to get a Jem for a good price: that's how you got screwed over in your Chibanez. Now I don't mean to be over-judging, but it seems the money you have (or your dad has maybe in this case) is burning a hole in your pocket and you just want a Jem. Well that's not always the best way to look at things.

Do you know all the specs of a DBK? Do you LIKE the specs? Breed pups, screwhead inlay, and the finish look great to me, but certainly not to everyone. Sometimes saving up a bit more for what you want is better than spending what you have for something that is a "compromise" for what you truly want.

And sure I know getting the money for a Jem/UV isn't easy for a kid, but here's the scoop: I'm about to turn 16. I decided awhile ago I really wanted a UV777PBK, and I truly worked my ass off to get the money for it, and am working my ass off to completely pay it off.

So it's possible to get a Jem/UV without your dad buying it for you or trying to scrounge up a good deal.

And the year made really doesn't make a difference in this case. 2003 and 2004 DBK's still go for around $800-900.
Drow Swordsman is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 555
Reviews: 1
Re: Is this a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
It's fantastic. Remember we're talking about Japanese quality Ibanez's here, not Chibanez fakes.

Also remember there are other things to look over other than trying to get a Jem for a good price: that's how you got screwed over in your Chibanez. Now I don't mean to be over-judging, but it seems the money you have (or your dad has maybe in this case) is burning a hole in your pocket and you just want a Jem. Well that's not always the best way to look at things.

Do you know all the specs of a DBK? Do you LIKE the specs? Breed pups, screwhead inlay, and the finish look great to me, but certainly not to everyone. Sometimes saving up a bit more for what you want is better than spending what you have for something that is a "compromise" for what you truly want.

And sure I know getting the money for a Jem/UV isn't easy for a kid, but here's the scoop: I'm about to turn 16. I decided awhile ago I really wanted a UV777PBK, and I truly worked my ass off to get the money for it, and am working my ass off to completely pay it off.

So it's possible to get a Jem/UV without your dad buying it for you or trying to scrounge up a good deal.

And the year made really doesn't make a difference in this case. 2003 and 2004 DBK's still go for around $800-900.
thanks man. well i would love to get a job and pay for the whole thing but i cant get a job till im sixteen so i have like 6 months. well u still didnt answer my other question. did ur universe have any warpings of the neck when it got to u. because he lives in alaska wouldnt the flight to a different temperature warp the neck? so i want to know if getting a guitar from a cold place affect the neck enough to have to replace it when getting to where i am. i live in vegas and its a lot warmer then alaska. i just want to know. thanks drow.

oh and yes i really like the specs. i was going to get a BRMR. but that is wayy too expencive even for the ones left. evey since they discontinued that its still pretty expencive to a DBK. like the blottchy black paint is cool. and the mirror pickgaurd like the BRMR and the Breeds i like. i would love to have a DBK.
AmazinAzian12 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:51 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Re: Is this a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinAzian12 View Post
thanks man. well i would love to get a job and pay for the whole thing but i cant get a job till im sixteen so i have like 6 months. well u still didnt answer my other question. did ur universe have any warpings of the neck when it got to u. because he lives in alaska wouldnt the flight to a different temperature warp the neck? so i want to know if getting a guitar from a cold place affect the neck enough to have to replace it when getting to where i am. i live in vegas and its a lot warmer then alaska. i just want to know. thanks drow.

oh and yes i really like the specs. i was going to get a BRMR. but that is wayy too expencive even for the ones left. evey since they discontinued that its still pretty expencive to a DBK. like the blottchy black paint is cool. and the mirror pickgaurd like the BRMR and the Breeds i like. i would love to have a DBK.
And I did answer you, though I probably should've said it better.

When I said "It's fantastic...this is Japanese Ibanez quality.." etc I was talking about the neck. It's spot on. No warp.

Also, Josh lives in Alabama, not Alaska, so you should be okay concerning temperature

If the DBK is what you want - then go for it!
Drow Swordsman is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18
Re: Is this a good deal?

Sweet deal. I'd go for it!
HermanBlows is offline  
Reply

Tags
monkey grip

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Deal For 3120??? Proxi All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 0 11-20-2003 06:28 PM
jem 77DY - is this a good deal? your opinon. aussie stu Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 7 06-27-2002 11:43 PM
Line6 POD is it a good deal? Fabe Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 13 06-19-2002 08:58 AM
Good deal on 77FP lhrocker Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 4 05-21-2002 04:15 PM
Good deal on a JEM90th? - Just wondered if I got a good deal vaijem777 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 9 12-19-2000 03:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome