Good quality in 2003 UV777BKs? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Good quality in 2003 UV777BKs?

How are the quality in 2003 Ibanez guitars?
I might be getting an 03' UV777BK, I'm aware of the new trem.
How are the building quality and the finish?
cheers..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 12:48 PM

the build quality and finishing are top notch, as with all prestige guitars, 2003 or earlier. As for the trem, i can't personally say as i haven't tested one, but lots of people on here say it works great. Go to www.ibanezrules.com for a full write up on it.

Good choice in guitar, by the way, the UV777BK rules.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 12:50 PM

Reviews: 30
Of all the 03 models I've played, it's the same level of quality and craftsmanship as the past. That's not to say that any year is going to have perfect output, things happen. Is there something that has sparked a concern in you for the 03 models? If so, I'm sure I speak for many when I say let us know too.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Well I just thought they made so many changes in their production, started so many pestiage lines, and made the new edge trem etc.
I'm sure everything will be fine. Thankyou guys.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 07:41 AM

I got my UV777PBK in June and I'm completely in love with it! The quality is in a league beyond my previous Jem- an '89 777VBK. It really is top notch. No worries here. As for the trem, well, it's the best trem I've ever played. Silky smooth, completely stable and extra sustain over the old '89 Jem.

Don't worry, just buy. You won't regret it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 10:28 AM

I had a 2001 UV on loan to me until the 2003's came in and I have to say that the difference in the trem is night and day. The new trem is a little stiffer (probably the new springs) but it feels MUCH more comfortable. It appears to be the best trem Ive played on yet.

Tags
edge trem , ibanez guitars , prestige guitar , prestige guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode