Got me a JS : D - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Got me a JS : D

Although I'm EXTREMELY wary of online trading, auctions, etc... I saw a classified ad a few weeks ago here on jemsite. A guy named Aaron was looking to trade a JS for a Jem. Well, I have a DBK that I hardly touched, so I asked if he was interested. The DBK is at the shop right now getting a pro setup from a guy who worked on my other Jem and did a perfect job.

Well, I got the guitar today (JS1000), it's an '03, and minty... I could not have asked for more. My wife really doesn't care for the DBK, and as mouthy as she is, she loved the JS when I showed her. Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about these things, as I've been a Jem whore for the past couple years and I froth at the mouth when I touch my VWH. I LOVE the JS... Love the way it sounds, plays, looks, everything... As far as the neck goes though, I've heard that the feel of it differs from the Jem, but I really don't feel a difference.

Sorry : ) Just in a good mood. I also bought my wife an Ovation acoustic today at a local shop. They have multiple guitars previously owned by Paul Gilbert as well. One is running for about $2,000 and the other for $350. The cheaper one is a complete custome job, pretty effing strange. I have to take a look around the shop, but the guy has a few amps that were owned by Paul as well. He said they were unloaded when he left Vegas. I don't know how much of it's true, but one guitar has "GILBERT" on the extremely small headstock, and the other guitar looks like one that he used in a video I've seen. It has a pickup that moves up and down to whatever position you'd like. Strange.

Anyway, I'll be taking the RG back from her and I'm going to turn it into a custom job... It was slightly damaged during sex one night... so I figured the large chip out of it is a good start : D

It's been a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:38 AM

effing lol about the rg-damage part... what the hell do you do at nights? :P
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Vendor

Definately invest is more appropriet sexual aids
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:49 PM

Re: Got me a JS : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
Anyway, I'll be taking the RG back from her and I'm going to turn it into a custom job... It was slightly damaged during sex one night... so I figured the large chip out of it is a good start :
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:16 PM

I can see why she'd prefer the JS, they're a lot more rounded than the Jem!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I watch her closely when she's near it....
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 09:03 PM

You know, there are g-strings and then there are g-strings...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 07:02 PM

I'm glad to hear you like the JS-1000 so much. I'm pretty excited about getting the Jem.

Anyway, I forgot to tell you, but I've got all the warantee cards and all that and they're not filled out. So, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to send you all the papers and all that for it incase of something happens and you need some repairs or anything.

(PS-My cell is working now, so give me a call when you get it shipped)

-Aaron
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Will do... I'm gonna call up Cowtown tomorrow and find out what's up. Don't worry about the warranty stuff (I know I'll probably be screwing myself because tomorrow my computer will explode, firing shards of metal into the JS or something) but I usually end up never filling out any of that kind of stuff.

Thanks again Aaron : D
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
(I know I'll probably be screwing myself because tomorrow my computer will explode, firing shards of metal into the JS or something)
Then you could sell it on a certain auction site as the JS1000MS "Metal Shard" prototype, rejected because it shredded Joe instead of the other way around.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 05:15 PM

Reviews: 4
Yeah, I know what you mean about the JSs. I love my 700! It just cradles right there in your arms and makes me feel sooooooooooooooo happy!!! :P

I can see why women would juice their jockies touching one! Now I just need a hot rocker chick (that's NOT a headcase). Yeah, like one exists!

Tags
paul gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode