got my first jem - prs now my SECOND favorite - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
got my first jem - prs now my SECOND favorite

Hi All,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *I am SO pumped! I just brought home my first JEM yesterday, and can't keep my hands off her. It's a B.S.B. and her name is Betty Sue (Baxter).
I don't know if i EVER enjoyed playing a guitar so much.
It actually plays and sounds BETTER than in the music store!! How often do You hear that?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I read years ago in an interview, maybe Michael Schenker( Darn! there's another one I should have listed in the "most underrated" thread.)
said: " Every guitar has something different to "tell" you..." . * * * *Well, Betty Sue won't shut up!She's telling me ALL KINDS of beautiful things.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Anyway, to I just wanted to share this with Y'all, and thank You all for the inspiration I get from this place. I feel like the bee girl in that blind melon video. Finally found some people who think/feel like me
** * *BTW, *My PRS just became my SECOND favorite guitar, right behind Betty Sue.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thanks,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Robbie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 02:31 AM

got my first jem

Congrats on your new toy My wife gets jealous when I give my axes girl names. What, is she afraid she will find me in bed with one of my axes.......well........maybe? :biggrin:

~R~
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 05:15 AM

got my first jem

I know what you mean! I have a damn fine collection of guitars , the best lineup I have ever had in fact. They include a Les Paul, a Parker NiteFly, a Carvin, a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, and just this past week I got a UV777BK. My PRS had been Number 1 ...but after playing this Universe I am not so sure! I used to be a diehard Ibanez player....but got away from them a few years ago when I lost my JEMS in a studio fire. I didn't replace either of them with JEMS again. Big mistake on my part.....I forgot how great the JEMs and Universes really are! *Now I just gotta get me a nice JEM for the collection and I will be set for life!

Congrats on the BSB...I am sure you will enjoy it!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 06:56 AM

got my first jem

Congrats on the BSB! Great to hear your enjoying it so much! I can't wait until I get my VBK functioning again!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 09:22 AM

got my first jem

man, thats so awsome, i cant wait to get a jem, but the BSB's are totally excellent.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 06:02 AM

got my first jem

hehehehe.... I know the feeling exactly. The BSB just blew me away(and about 2 minutes later my bank account)! It's such a sweet guitar to play on! I am sure you are enjoying it as much as I do! Although it is going to wear, but unlike every other guitar I own that's got a couple of minor dings in it, and this one it actually starts to make it look better! I love it to death, and it's a guitar I could never sell, because each little ding and scratch will make her truly yours!

Congratulations on a guitar with real character that's going to grow with you!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 09:56 AM

got my first jem

Great guitar, congratulations! Those BSBs are beautiful.

Enjoy!

Tags
les paul , michael schenker , music store , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

favorite steinberger trem?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode