Got my JEM 7DBK yesterday - ...and it rocks. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Got my JEM 7DBK yesterday - ...and it rocks.

got my Jem 7DBK yesterday (Rich is the man), and all i can say is hot damn, this thing is sweet. :biggrin: was a nice surprise to come home and see it sitting at my door. killer sound from the Breeds. definitely my new #1 guitar. i love the finish, but i'm not too crazy about how easily the pickguard scratches. might have to look into getting a custom guard and store the original. any ideas on a replacement? maybe brushed aluminum or something of the sort. thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 05:02 AM
Vendor

Got my JEM 7DBK yesterday

hehe Hey Justin! Mirror guards just look nasty all scratched up, you see the scratch and the reflection of the scratch. Solid color guards will look alot better in the long run. Can't check your makeup in a solid guard though :biggrin: *That mirror is part of the Vaiisms for sure.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 05:13 AM

Congrats! I would be happy to get this famous "Rich Harris setup on my guitars.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 06:00 AM

Congrats on the new guitar! arty:
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 06:47 AM

Congrats. I got one in the beggining of this year and my guard is cracked in some places. But now looks more cool. I found a man that laser cuts a stainless steel and aluminum too. Looks good but i'm using a crack mirror one.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 09:12 AM

I have been thinkin about that question for a while.. I would go for a black pickguard.. Congratulations on the guitar..
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 06:28 PM

Congrats on the DBK! *I love mine as well....it's my #1 right now, too, at least until I acquire my 7VWH! *:biggrin:
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 09:18 PM

Congrats on a sweet guitar man. *I love mine, but the only thing I dont love about it anymore are the Breeds. *Not agressive enough for my tastes, but that should be easily taken care of after I get it back with the EMG's installed *:-) *81 in the bridge, and an 85 in the neck.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks everybody. mebbe i will just leave it. don't ever plan on selling it, so it won't bother me that much for it to look like i actually play it. then again, mebbe a black and white swirl would look cool. or black and mirror swirl (is this even possible?). now i just have to convince the wife to let me get a universe and i'll be set.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:06 AM

Hey....I just bought a JEM7DBK myself. About the cracked mirror pickguard, I think it gives a guitar character when it has dings or blemishes. For instense, take a look at SRV's "#1". His famous piece of **** lookin '59 Strat. Anyways.....I love mine :P
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:54 AM

Congrats. It's the most vicious looking JEM up to date. Will you do the chrome vine thing on it?

P.S.
The mirror pickguard teaches you one thing. It shows how much grime and elbow sweat we actually leave on the instrument after we play it. All that dirt builds up into a haze if you don't wipe it clean. I started wiping all my pickguards after playing since I got my UV777PBK. (Not to mention the body too)
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 11:19 AM

Actually I hate the "Phillips Screw" Inlays on it. They will do untill i get the Chrome/Gold Pyramids on it from LGM. It will look PREMO :D ! My dad can my Mirror or Chrome objects so if i break or crack my pickguard i can just have him make me an other one. Im also getting a Chrome truss rod cover with my initials ingraved in it. I wish i had a digital camera so i coud post pictures of it when it's finished :cry: ..........

-Mike
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 11:22 AM
EKG

Hey! LGM has my DBK neck right now putting the Chrome Pyramids on
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 12:18 PM

Nice! Chrome Pyramids are absolutely the best! I like them much more than vine.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 05:50 PM

I think LGM told Vai to put those stupied "Philips Screw" inlays on their just so he would get a **** load of buisness :D I have read at least that 5 other people are getting the Chrome Vine or Chrome Pyramids......

Tags
black pickguard , chrome vine , guitar mag , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode