Got my new Jem 77vbk,,, - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Got my new Jem 77vbk,,,

and I've just got to say, Ibanez sure does a flawless job making these things. It joins my Jem 7vwh that I just bought new two years ago. It's happening,,,,I'm a Jem addict. Anyway, the neck is identical between the 7v and 77v......which is awesome, because it's so easy to switch back and forth, and these necks are perfection to me. Out of my collection, which I narrowed down a bit to fund another Jem, my Jem's are my favorites. With all of the comments about how some of the big USA makers are losing their quality control, etc...it seems Ibanez really has it together. I couldn't find a single minor flaw on either of my Jems, and it is almost surreal how "perfectly" these things are put together. Not to mention a playability that's unmatched.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Re: Got my new Jem 77vbk,,,

Hey Lynch Fan! I have a check and am ready to buy a 77VBK myself. I didn't 100% like the white and Gold of the 7VWH, but it played great and sounded great. How are the pickups, Breeds vs. the other 7VWH???

Also is your 77VBK an 07 or an 08 Model, does the serial # start wityh an 07 or an 08

Not that it matters but one I was looking at was a 2007 and I want a 2008 of I am going to buy a New one. Is that a Wierd request? Or do you think that si being too picky!??

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!

I is a beauty!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Mine was made summer of '07, so it was in the box for a year, untouched until it was inspected and set up prior to being shipped. I, personally, wasn't picky about the year. I shopped around and found a jaw dropping price from a small dealer and couldn't resist. When it arrived, the fingerboard was more of a light brown color(really dry), but some lemon oil was all it took to make it nice and dark and rejuvenated. As far as comparing the breeds to the evolutions,,,,well, I only played the 77vbk through my little crate G60 so far. I'll plug into my SLO and give it a good, true run tomorrow. They are a little lower in output, but seem to sustain really nice and seem very toneful. As far as the 7vwh, I still love mine. I think the 77vbk may be a little bit nicer looking right now, but probably cuz it's the new guitar in the house. I got so many compliments on the 7vwh over the last two years, and I've never played live so well due to how a Jem plays in my hands. I really wanted another JEM. The only other guitar that has a neck nearly as comfortable as my Jems is my Jackson USA DK1, which is a close second favorite.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM

^Nice anime love those boobs

Anyway lynchfan post pic man
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Cool Man! Yeah I love the 7VWH and no disprespect because I TRIED to like it and I DO Like it, just not love it. My wife and friend whio aren't guitar slingers said it looked like a Pimp Guitar.

I PM'd you with a few side coments and gave you my e-mail so you can just reply to there if that is OK. I Love that Evolution pickup and home the breed is High Output enough because I am a rocker like OU< BUT LIEK ALL kinds of music so I am cool as long as it has some decent sustainm and Distrortion whcih I am sure it will. It isn't a jazz guitar!

Thanks and Enjoy!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 AM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchfan6 View Post
and I've just got to say, Ibanez sure does a flawless job making these things. It joins my Jem 7vwh that I just bought new two years ago. It's happening,,,,I'm a Jem addict. Anyway, the neck is identical between the 7v and 77v......which is awesome, because it's so easy to switch back and forth, and these necks are perfection to me. Out of my collection, which I narrowed down a bit to fund another Jem, my Jem's are my favorites. With all of the comments about how some of the big USA makers are losing their quality control, etc...it seems Ibanez really has it together. I couldn't find a single minor flaw on either of my Jems, and it is almost surreal how "perfectly" these things are put together. Not to mention a playability that's unmatched.
It appears that you have forgotten rule #1 of Jemsite.

Post some pics man!!!!!!!

Jimmy
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 11:14 AM

Congratulations! I can feel your enthusiasm right through your posting. "New Guitar Day" always feels good.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 12:30 PM

Congrats! Enjoy her.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 AM

Congratulations!!! I also impressed with my JEM77V. I really like the breed pickups and I think it has a nice tone when it is played unplugged.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 PM

I can't wait to get mine! Lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you liek it in comparison to your 7VWH, which I knwo you love alos, but now that you have played both are they basically the same with exeption of the Pick Ups? Anything else that jumps out to you, weight, anything else?

Tex
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Reviews: 65

congratulations! nice score.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Thumbs up Re: Got my new Jem 77vbk,,,

lynchfan6,

I'm torn between feeling happy for you ... or wanting to stab you in the face.

Once I own a Jem 77VBK, my Jem collection will be complete. I already have a Jem10, and a Jem 7DBK. I just might be the only Jem guy that wants ONLY black ones.

Congrats dude! You're a very lucky man!!!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Congrats!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM

Reviews: 21

I've got a 77VBK and a 7VWH and I can say with some assurance that the neck's are definitely not the same. The neck on the 77VBK is ever so slightly wider and the string spacings are very slightly further apart too due to the different trems. Threw me when I first started playing it but its easy to get used to.

77VBK - 07
7VWH - 02

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode