Got My New JEM 7VWH From Ibanez Rules - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Got My New JEM 7VWH From Ibanez Rules

I just wanted to report my experience with Rich at Ibanez Rules. I received my new JEM 7VWH a short time ago and I am very happy to report that all of the good things people have said about Richís service is true. This JEM is the best playing guitar I have ever played. Iíve been playing for 28 years and I know, right away, what Iím looking for in a guitar. I have a 1978 Les Paul that I got when I was 16. Playing this guitar is second nature to me. I recently had it set up by a local Luthier that was recommended by Daniel Erlewine. He did an excellent job. Well guess what, I love this JEM more.

Another important note that helps describe how smooth and buttery this JEM plays is relative to a severe hand injury I sustained back in the mid Ď80ís. Long story short, I put my fret hand through a car window and cut 2 tendons clean through and suffered 90% nerve damage. The doctors and therapists said I would never play guitar again. Obviously, God had a plan for me and I pressed on and proved them wrong. The moral to this story is that I still have nerve damage and my ďouterĒ thumb muscle is basically non-existent. This makes the need for a smooth playing guitar more desirable than possibly others that are injury free. This JEM fits that bill. Awesome. It plays so smooth and easy. Itís a pleasure to play. Much better, in my opinion, than my PRS Custom 24.

If you have been thinking about getting a JEM, get one. They are wonderful. But do yourself a favor and get it from Rich at Ibanez Rules. I played a JEM that was at Guitar Center 4 different times for about a month to see if it was what I wanted. When I was certain it was I ordered it from Rich. The difference between the 2 is night and day. I could have bought a guitar from Guitar Center, but I bought an instrument from Ibanez Rules. Well worth the money. And believe me when I say I donít depart from my money easily. Rich is very informative and helpful. He delivered what he promised and kept me informed and he is willing to answer questions and spend the time you need to make decisions, before and after the purchase.

Thank you Rich for this fine instrument. I will not hesitate to order from you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Vendor

Re: Got My New JEM 7VWH From Ibanez Rules

Must be Art? Thanks for the kind words, but, I'm just doin my job. I get allot of letters like this by email, always gives me the warm and fuzzies
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
I have a 1978 Les Paul that I got when I was 16. ..... I love this JEM more.
Yes, I bought my Jem7vwh from Rich too and he is great but do not tell so high you prefere one or the other. I've got a Les Paul too and I change my preferences between them every 2 or 3 months
They are both great axes.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Vendor

I'm sorry, Art's in Connecticut. Who is this?! LOL

Jeez, had to go back 3 weeks in records, JEFF!! [I hope]

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Vendor

I've got a 78' Les Paul Custom, I definately like my JS more
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Jeff it is. Sorry it took me so long to post this. I've been so busy at home and work that all my free time is spent playing my new JEM. Of course, all the while thinking "I've got to get around to posting my thank you to Rich"!

Thanks again Rich!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Oops! Typo! it's a '79.

Mine is a K.M. Model. Stands for Kalamazoo Model. It's a tabacco sunburst. Heavy as hell! What a unique tone though.

They made 1500 of them.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufes
Yes, I bought my Jem7vwh from Rich too and he is great but do not tell so high you prefere one or the other. I've got a Les Paul too and I change my preferences between them every 2 or 3 months
They are both great axes.
My Les Paul will allways have it's place depending on what the peice of music dictates. It's got a tone all it's own. But the way the JEM plays feels so cozy and the tonal versatility is amazing. It will see more time than my Les Paul, I'm sure.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
My Les Paul will allways have it's place depending on what the peice of music dictates. It's got a tone all it's own. But the way the JEM plays feels so cozy and the tonal versatility is amazing. It will see more time than my Les Paul, I'm sure.
I recently put in my LP a EVH from the SD custom shop on the bridge and a Voodoo 60 magnet 5 (by Peter Florance) on the neck and.... this baby rocks better than never so it's taking my heart lately .

However I love the Jem a lot. It's a dream of instrument.

I woud say I play 50% each one while the rest are coaching potatoes.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Which JS? LOL
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Vendor

Let's not make this too complicated
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 01:06 PM

Reviews: 4

Yeah, this thread is all about worshipping Rich, and a jealous GUITAR GOD he is!

Tags
custom shop , les paul , les paul custom , local luthier , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode