Grammy Pic....PIA???? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Grammy Pic....PIA????

I found this. Maybe im totally out of date or something. But i never new. Please tell me. Whats about PIA?

http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/imag...rammys_sv2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 04:21 PM

"PIA" is SSV's new VHW. It's equipped with a Double Edge trem system (note the three knobs). It's just like the systems found on CST's, RG-2020x's, RG-2027x's, and a few other models readily available. It's the only double-locking piezo trem system out there.

This was discussed in earlier threads- one about the guitar, and one about SSV's Grammy performance.

If the Search function worked.....
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 04:43 PM

And just in case your query was of a simpler nature, Pia is also the name of Steve's lovely wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
If the Search function worked.....
STEADY. If there was an emoticon for wagging my finger and tutting, I'd be doing that.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez otaku
STEADY. If there was an emoticon for wagging my finger and tutting, I'd be doing that.
Since when does my dad post here?
Don't you worry about me, Otaku. I can take care of myself.

The fact of the matter is that Search function on the forum is jacked (try it sometime). If no one says anything about it, nothing gets repaired....and we'll continue to get duplicate threads.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 08:36 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that Search function on the forum is jacked (try it sometime). If no one says anything about it, nothing gets repaired....and we'll continue to get duplicate threads.
Please learn more about the search functions before making incorrect statements like this

Searching is optimized to find words with 4-24 characters so, for example do not search VWH instead use JEM7VWH or 7VWH.

Search for all terms
Grammy Piezo
shows at least 2 matches.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
Please learn more about the search functions before making incorrect statements like this.
Ahhh...nothing like brutal irony on a Sunday night.

Quote:
Searching is optimized to find words with 4-24 characters so, for example do not search VWH instead use JEM7VWH or 7VWH.
Is this your setting, or the default setting? "items in quotes" yield the exact same results as if without.

Quote:
Search for all terms
This is NOT the default.
It should be, but it's not.
Quote:
Grammy Piezo
Re-read the first post. The poster didn't know it was a piezo. You'll need to remove that when you do your next search.
Quote:
shows at least 2 matches.
With the default, I got 354 matches using 'Grammy Piezo'.

When I'm searching for the "KJG Wiring Mod", I use Google. Sure, it points me here, but I don't have to sort thru the 400+ completely irrelevant posts.

Like I said, the Search function here is jacked.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 11:10 PM

Now what happens if I do a search for "Two grown men who can't get enough of bickering with eachother like girls"? Do all of Kev's and Glen's posts come up? or just the little petty arguments?

~K
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
Now what happens if I do a search for "Two grown men who can't get enough of bickering with eachother like girls"? Do all of Kev's and Glen's posts come up? or just the little petty arguments?

~K
Not that it is funny, but I could not help laughing my @$$ off!!! LOL
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 04:12 AM

first few times i saw that I though he was using evo. Then I noticed the knob and in how good of a shape the guitar was in. That thing is new and has never been dropped. I assume this is one of the rosewood vwhs that rich was telling us about? Nice guitar and all chrome. Sigh. I wish Ibanez gave us hardware color options with the jems. Then again why not just switch
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 06:19 PM
site founder 0% owner

[email protected]

Quote:
When I'm searching for the "KJG Wiring Mod", I use Google. Sure, it points me here, but I don't have to sort thru the 400+ completely irrelevant posts. Like I said, the Search function here is jacked.
lemme type slower...

KJG - 3 characters and is not serachable
Wiring - more than 3 characters and IS serachable
Mod - 3 characters and is not serachable

so in effect you searched "wiring". Did you think to search "PIEZO" or "DOUBLE EDGE" or maybe limit the search forum/category.

pretty simple huh
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:26 PM

We'll try this one more time, for those in need typing lessons and a SHIFT key....
Quote:
Grammy Piezo
Re-read the first post. The poster didn't know it was a piezo.

Quote:
Pretty simple huh
I guess not simple enough. Am I using words that are too big?

I think Barbara Billingsley said it best:
"Chump don't want the help; chump don't get the help."
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
When I'm searching for the "KJG Wiring Mod", I use Google. Sure, it points me here, but I don't have to sort thru the 400+ completely irrelevant posts.
This was your complaint. You are the only one whining about this, so please move onto another debate ...glen
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:34 PM
Vendor

Quote:
We'll try this one more time, for those in need typing lessons and a SHIFT key....
Quote:
Grammy Piezo
Re-read the first post. The poster didn't know it was a piezo.

Quote:
Pretty simple huh
I guess not simple enough. Am I using words that are too big?

I think Barbara Billingsley said it best:
"Chump don't want the help; chump don't get the help."
Reread the first post, he did not attempt a search or even mention search, only you mentioned search

Search for Grammy gets 26 matches, 4th is the PIA thread
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:58 PM

It's not whining, Glen. The fact is that I'm the only one that has the balls to say anything (or maybe the only one who actually gives a sh!t); everyone is terrified of getting banned for making the smallest of suggestions.
(Damn it! Did I post a fact? Oops...)

If YOU don't want YOUR Search function to work properly, or be the slightest bit user/newbie-friendly, that's YOUR choice. Just know that it forfeits YOUR right to post (or bitch in anyway) about someone not doing a search prior to posting a duplicate thread.

Sorry for trying to help.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 10:03 PM
site founder 0% owner

STOP.

emailing, instead of public whining/complaining would have been the smoother route to take. next idea would be to post a NEW THREAD in the HELP area, instead of hijacking this thread into complaint.com thanks... glen
Closed Thread

Tags
double edge trem , edge trem , kjg wiring mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode