Great, another VSK question.. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Great, another VSK question..

Ok, so I happened to notice something rather odd about the VSK..

The volume-knob position.. I've seen pictures of the VSK with the knob both in the old position and the new, which is weird?

The discussion about the knob occured in '89 right? The same year the VSK was made, so, one would think the knob was moved in '90?

So, if the pictures I've seen of the VSK with the knob in the new position in not VSKs with new pickguards, what happened?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Vendor

Re: Great, another VSK question..

That answer would require making some assumptions. Were any SK's still available in a foreign market for 90'? I'm not sure, I know the US did not. If there were, you might see a few VSK's done in simultaneous production. If not, are there any transitional late production SK's with the moved knob? I can't be positive, I would think they had made the decision to kill it early enough there wouldn't be later production [or, see above]. But there are plenty of 89' plate JEM's that have the moved knob location that are transitional models [such as an FP I have, and you can't fake the knob placement on an FP]. So the assumption would be is that any with the moved volume knob would be replaced guards, but there's just no way to be absolutely positive.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM

Re: Great, another VSK question..

I originally assumed the change happen during 89. When I made my clone SK, the volume knob was in the new position, so I just stated that it was a clone of a post 89 change. Theres a pic of an SK on this site (which stopped in 89) having a changed position:

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=156&c=19

Tags
777 , 777vsk , vsk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode