Guitar Contest @ Guitar Center - *Crystal Planet Encounter - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Guitar Contest @ Guitar Center - *Crystal Planet Encounter

I have a moment for you all, Jewl, Ben and I drove 150 miles Tuesday to Grand Rapids to pick up a friend from the Airport. We get there 4 hours early, so we drive around the City, getting pictures and video action for fun, just enjoying adventure, then we drive by a Guitar center, so we pull in to check it out.

The place was killer, DBK, Jem7VWH, CRYSTAL PLANET!!!! in person, whoohoo, NICE!!! *I play the DBK, Then I ask why they are setting up some amps like a concert, and find out there was a Guitar contest, so My Girl makes me enter for the experience and fun. FUN!? *That sounds like stress!!! lol

They hand me the Jem7VWH to play, I ask for a Strap, tools and tuner so I can tune the sweet VWH. Then they tell me I have to choose one of 12 soundtracks to play over. ahhhhhhhh?
And also do a 2 minute solo after or before the soundtrack perfomance, ahhhhh? Pressure!?!?!? I don't even own a guitar right now and Im about to play in a Guitar contest, what in the???

So I look at the CD and say, mmmm, lets try track # 3 because that # sticks out to me because of the passing of Dale E, he samples the first few notes, ok ahhhh, guess that will work, now im unlocking the Jem to tune it and have to go on first in like 8 minutes.

So Jammin over the soundtrack I go, *after the soundtrack I Jammed for the solo part then handed the sweet VWH Jem to them and ran out the door to get to the Airport. (Sure didn't want to let go of that VWH)

I ended up placing 3rd place and missed 2nd by one point, now that was such a suprise to me becuase my perfomance was so shot out and scary IMO. I learned a very serious lesson!

"Good Fortune Favours the Well Prepared"

If I would of tied or placed 2nd I would of went on to the Main local event and had a week to prepare for it, *geeee!!! *that would of been great! Give me an Hour and im excited!!! *lol *So because I was not even close to prepared I missed it by one little point.......

Great Experience & wake up Call.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 01:07 PM

Guitar Contest @ Guitar Center

Rodney,

You are the man! *If that would've happened to me I'd have finished last and they wouldn't even be able to add the number of points I was behind the leader. *That's testament to your abilities. *Congrats.

JC
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 01:07 PM

Still pretty impressive,especially considering the circumstances!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot John & musicdr, it was quite the awesome experience. (lol John) *For two days now, I keep having so many thoughts running through my head of a zillion things that could of been done different, and all I would of had to do is relax and do one of them to get that one point.

Every aspect of the experience was meant to be just as it was sitting there on the Edge of a Dream.

~RJ~

(Edited by moondance at 2:24 pm on Mar. 28, 2002)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 02:26 PM
Vendor

Cool story, now get yourself a guitar so you can practice a little!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rich, When I get a Guitar I will Practice/Drill A LOT!!!!!!! *
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:00 PM

Re: Guitar Contest @ Guitar Center - *Crystal Planet Encounter

PLEASE VOTE FOR MY VIDEO http://deanguitars.com/shredder/viewProfile.php?id=1212
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 04:07 PM

Looks like Kikoshreds is getting a vote of "1" and not "11" for his spamming efforts. He did not say what vote to give him, just to vote for him.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Why was he banned? Damn, I like him.

Tags
crystal planet , vwh jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode