Which guitar is this? - Vai's E-II JEM - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Which guitar is this? - Vai's E-II JEM

A friend of mine and I went down to Guitar Center Hollywood yesterday (yeah, I know, it's GC...), and outside the door, in a display case, there is a JEM7VWH that has "E II" written where Vai names his guitars. It's well-worn, but I don't know which guitar this is. At his website (which is one of the better sites for a performing artist today), there is no mention of the guitar. Does anybody know which guitar this is, or where it has been used? (My friend thinks Vai might have used this on the :beammeup: Alien Love Secrets DVD).

As an aside, my buddy and I got to play a JEM777LNG. Vai wrote on it "7 *I mean 8 *Steve Vai." Too bad it was set up wrong, with two D strings instead of a D and a G, otherwise, it would sound killer. You can see it in the background of the photos on Vai's site of him receiving his handprints on the Rockwalk. Go here: http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/gall...hnharrell.html . *They also have a DNA on display there. :love:

-Laws
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 11:44 AM

Which guitar is this?

I have the Young Guitar mag from a couple of years ago that has a individual pic of every guitar he owned at that time, and the only ones(VWH's) he has named are Evo, Pogo, and Flo. I think since then he named one Evo II(I'm pretty sure, not positive). So my guess would be its just a second hand VWH that someone tried to look like Vai and name.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 11:51 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Which guitar is this?

go here...
http://www.jemsite.com/scrapbk/fb.htm#jemev1
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 12:27 PM

Which guitar is this?

....so I was wrong....oh well
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 02:09 PM

Which guitar is this?

Now, it could be just me, but if I ever could get my hands on one of his personal guitars, I would never let it out of my sight.
Alltough I suppose E II is a factory Jem, there are a couple of Steve's customs out there, like Pogo.

Now personally, I would kill for an LACS Jem.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Which guitar is this?

Oh. I feel sheepish. :loco:

I've gotten one email about this, so I better clarify. The DNA at GC wasn't on sale (as far as I know). It was behind the glass, alongside E II. What a sweet guitar. That was my first time being in the presence of one. An elevating experience!

By the way, I think Vai giving a guitar to that guy is possibly the coolest thing a player can do. It's like at the end of the "The Audience Is Listening" video, where he throws the pink JEM into the audience. Totally cool.

On another note, I wonder what the "E" in "E II" stands for. Evo II would be kinda redundant, but I guess only Vai would know...

(Edited by DalBassman at 11:38 am on Jan. 14, 2002)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 02:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Which guitar is this?

E-II was on ebay and forsale a while back, so it's likely it found it's way to GC on a trade or whatever... glen
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 02:53 PM

Which guitar is this?

NO??? Man! Oh man. Why did I miss that. I suppose it went for about the same amount of cash as Neville and Red Lace, right? And how about Pogo? Still at Rogers?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Which guitar is this?

Oh man, I gotta reiterate Jerroen's statement: If I ever got my hands of an actual VAI guitar, I'd never let it out of my sight!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 03:10 PM
site founder 0% owner

Which guitar is this?

here was the initial and unsold ebay listing for E-II
http://www.jemsite.com/ads/ebay/7/vwh_ev2_990106.htm
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 03:14 PM

Which guitar is this?

Euch...
Don't like it when you sell something that was given from the heart as a thanks.

But that's just me, I guess.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 06:36 PM

Which guitar is this?

If I'd seen that on EBay for $1425 I would've bought it without a second thought!!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 08:23 PM

Which guitar is this?

what jeroenn last said.. :-/

~A
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 10:32 PM

Which guitar is this?

YEEEEaaah. *You could say that again! *I was prepared to pay that for just any old VWH....to get one of Steve's? *DAYAM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 11:35 PM

Which guitar is this?

yeah, but who knows what reserve was? *coulda been $5000, it wasn't a $1425 guitar

Tags
angled jack , custom shop , guitar mag , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode