HAVE YOU SEEN ME? :-( - I miss my old UVMC - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? :-( - I miss my old UVMC

I dont know what it is but I have had REALLY good luck in getting swirl guitars with NICE swirls on them. Here is the ONLY picture that I have of me and my old UVMC. I sure wish I had her back!!!

I sold her about 8 years ago for $1,000!! Can you believe it?!?!?!? I thought I was getting a good deal because I bought it BRAND NEW from a music store that was tired of having it sit on their shelf. They sold it to me for $1,001.00 *The $1.00 was sort of a joke. They said they wanted to at least get $1.00 over their cost

Anyhow here she is:

I hope you are safe out there wherever you are.

And if the owner is seeing this picture......... and wants to give her back......... I will make you a great offer for her!!

*Rikk

(Edited by rikkbeatty at 6:15 pm on Sep. 20, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 06:09 PM
Vendor

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? :-(

$1002?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Nope $1010.00!! :silly:

Actually it would just be cool to see if someone here has her!!!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 03:29 AM

Post some more details on the Uni if you got em
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I bought the guitar in 1993 and the store owner said he got it in the shop RIGHT when they came out in 1990 and it had been sitting there ever since. A MINT UV case was with it as well as the tool pack, warranty card, and 7 string book. *

I sold it to an employee of a music store called Bamm Bamm music (but they went out of business) so there is no way to track him down. He had another UVMC as well as a purple multi colored JEM. (I thought it looked cool but did not really pay any attention to it because I was not really into it at the time).

I should mention the name of the music store I got it from was Monta Vista music (also out of business now) in Lakewood Washington. I also bought my first JEM77BFP BRAND NEW there (also just sitting on a shelf for a while). I think *paid $1100.00 for that one.

Anyhow these are the sad facts of the one sale I regret to this day.

Rikk

(Edited by rikkbeatty at 9:50 am on Sep. 21, 2001)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:05 AM

That is a pretty nice swirl. It has a fair amount of chaos and lots of color. Wish the photo was a bit more clear… Oh well.. Good luck on finding her. I’ll keep my eyes open.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I wish I had more than one photo!! Unfortuantely it was a bad camera and not even my photo!! I had to beg my old drummer for it!! *

Here is a pic of my other swirl guitar that I sold. I REALLY liked this guitar but was a little less attached to it than the UV.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 02:52 PM

Very nice… except for the white coming through on that one part. Most like that, but on a GMC I prefer just the black and green. Not dis’n your axe though. It is also beautiful.

You have had some nice swirls.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I really liked the white coming through. I thought it was pretty cool having some of that primer showing. I know some did not like the primer showing through though. That is apparently a trademark of the ADT swirls (at least thats the info I got from people about 3 years ago) I thought was pretty cool!!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 10:36 AM

Primer or not, that is the sweetest GMC I have ever seen. *:love:

--B
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 11:15 AM
rvj

Nice swirls! I especially like the UVMC. Most likely the UV is in your local area, since that is where you sold it. Sounds like the guy you sold it to may be a collector, having mentioned his other UV and PMC. Have you asked around the local band circuit? Good luck. --rvj
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Have you asked around the local band circuit?
Yeah but no luck. Well on with the search!!

Rikk
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 06:40 PM
rvj

Rikk, check out the used guitars at local shops also. Especially the small private shops, you might get lucky. --rvj
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 03:32 PM

I haven't seen your MC down here in Portland. There's a few other Portlanders that visit this forum too. I'll try to keep an eye out.
When did you sell that GMC? If it was before 98, I think I might have line on where it is now.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Well actually I traded/sold the GMC to Rich who then sold it to someone, who then sold it back to him, then he just recently (within the last 4 months or so) resold it again. <--- or something like that!! I have a feeling I could track that one down pretty easily. Its the 7 string I miss the most

Rikk

Tags
music store , swirl project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode