He shoots, he scores.... Jem7PBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
rvj

He shoots, he scores.... Jem7PBK

I picked up another Jem at a very sweet price today, a 7PBK with the original pink lined case. It's in pretty good shape overall and has great action. In fact, the action is quite a bit lower than all my other Jems. The body has a few very minor blemishes. The only negative is that the strap buttons were redrilled next to the old ones in order to install straplocks. I'll throw some new strings on it and give it a full set-up. I can already tell that this guitar is going to smoke.

G.A.S. has struck again, bringing the Ibanez family to a total of six.
777DY, 7PBK, 7VWH, 90HAM, DNA #53, & UV77MC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:40 PM

Congrats!
Give us some pics!!!

/Fredric
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:38 PM

Beeeotch...

J/K....congrats dude. PBK is a sweet looking JEM. Kind of like a JEM in a tux.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:48 PM
EKG

Congrats! Great guitar....love the neck on these!

Wait til you all see what I'm doing to my PBK ;-)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 10:00 PM

Congrats!!!I love that one. take good care...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 08:57 AM

Congratulations on 7PBK!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
rvj

Wow! I've been playing this PBK non-stop, I just can't put it down. This guitar is freakin' fabulous. I just finished restringing and setting it up to my preferences. Also tuned down to "D". Tomorrow morning I'll fine tune and lock it all down. I can't wait to take it to practice tomorrow night. I'm dying to hear it through my rig.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
rvj

Took the PBK to practice last night and this baby just wails. It's got tone you would'nt believe and plays like a dream. It is definitely going to become one of my main players. I am so glad I bought this guitar. I would have gladly paid double the amount for such a sweet guitar, which I got at an even sweeter price.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 03:03 AM
rgr

Yeah, it was a sweet price, I was in line behind you for it. Enjoy the guitar! I found a VWH with a few dings for about the same price, I'll let you know how it turns out when it gets here next week.

Roger
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:18 AM

Congrats on the new guitar, I have always liked the PBK!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 08:57 AM

Well...glad somebody here got it I guess! I'd been in contact with the guy since he listed it, but he turned into a total flake for some reason. Kept promising pictures, etc. and never returned e-mails.

Sounds like a nice score though! Congrats, and play her like she deserves!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
rvj

I also contacted him when he first listed. He responded to his e-mails, but for some reason would'nt leave his phone number. He did eventually give up his address. I never did ask for pics, I figured since he lived nearby, I would check it out in person. I met him at an interstate oasis, about halfway between our houses. Checked it out, offered less, and brought her home.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
rvj

Well, I've been playing the PBK exclusively and it's become my main player. Last night I whacked the tip of the headstock against my mic during practice and chipped off about a quarter inch of clear. OOPS! That's twice now within two weeks. I feel very comfortable and worry free when playing this guitar, so I just let loose. Maybe it's the fact that it's the least expensive of all my guitars... I paid $550 including the pink lined case. That's $130 less than I paid for my DY which is'nt in as good of condition, and came without the case.

I bought this mainly because I'll be gigging soon, and did'nt want to worry about the little things that happen when playing clubs. Now if this had been my DNA kissing the mic, I'd probably be sick with remorse. I am also very careful with my guitars. I've had my VWH for three years now and it still does'nt have one single mark on it. It's also kinda ironic how I started with newer and much more expensive Jems, and now I prefer the older/less costly models.

Tags
strap button , strap buttons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode