Heads up! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
HDS

Heads up!

Ok theres a Jem777 SK on the bay being sold from here in my part of the woods and he has it on cragslist too. I contacted the guy and asked for him to call me because we can go over the deal. Now on such a large amount you dont take that in cash and meet someone unless they give you warm fuzzy.

Well 5 emails and I ask that he call but he just emails. The last email was him saying he wanted me to send paypal and then once clears his bank we would meet...... For a local deal? I may be wrong in thinking this but if someone your dealing with dosent give you any contact info or bother to call you and then wants you to send money and wait three days before getting and number or address seems big time shaddy, even more so being local, dude, im like 15 mins from you?!?!

So if anyone is bidding on this guitar on the bay Warning!! Danger! I smell scam!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Re: Heads up!

there are two of em. which one?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
HDS

The one in Norcross, Ga.

Hey I found a Ibanez hard case to send with your BSB =)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM

Yeah something doesn't smell right, but on the other hand maybe he's just being overly cautious. Either way I would steer clear of anything that didn't feel right.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 PM

excellent.tnx.

suspense is killing me... not sure if your bsb will arrive sooner or the fp
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
HDS

Yeah, If I was out of his state I could see but living one county over?? It isnt like alot of people in Atlanta dont know who I am LOL.

He came off kinda "Cool dude" which always smells bad.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
Ok theres a Jem777 SK on the bay being sold from here in my part of the woods and he has it on cragslist too. I contacted the guy and asked for him to call me because we can go over the deal. Now on such a large amount you dont take that in cash and meet someone unless they give you warm fuzzy.

Well 5 emails and I ask that he call but he just emails. The last email was him saying he wanted me to send paypal and then once clears his bank we would meet...... For a local deal? I may be wrong in thinking this but if someone your dealing with dosent give you any contact info or bother to call you and then wants you to send money and wait three days before getting and number or address seems big time shaddy, even more so being local, dude, im like 15 mins from you?!?!

So if anyone is bidding on this guitar on the bay Warning!! Danger! I smell scam!
mega scam!!!

if someone offeredto by a jem from me, eve for a high amount of money, i would just meet them at a bank, or somehwere public with lots of security cameras.....of even inside startbucks having a coffe counting the money so no funny buissness goes on
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

thats sounds well bent,if you only live 15 mins from his house why wont he let you pick it up in person.id stay wellllllll clear of that
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
HDS

Yeah bad smell here. He also has a blue RG565 on there too fyi
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the alert.
I was planning on maybe going after the 565....... now maybe I'll pass, actually want one nicer than that one anyway..
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Woo hoo for the Jemsite Police!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
HDS

Stop the music! I got the guy to agree to meet me! So its looking better.

It seems he was stuck in meetings all day. So I will feel sheepish if all goes well.

JJEMMER777, you might have to take my Jemsite police badge away LOL
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
HDS

All went ok, seems the guy is a bit disorganized seller. We met up and didnt have any problems. Felt kinda bad being I walk away with a very good shape early 87 SK for $900! No fadding but I need to clean the dead skin off her and give her a setup.

So feel safe to bid on his stuff but you may have to give him some time to reply.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
JJEMMER777, you might have to take my Jemsite police badge away LOL
Yeah, so I can use it on you!!!

Ya dawg

Nice snag!

You're a very mean person though! I think you should offer him at least $ 100 more! Or else I'll offer him $ 500 more

Congrats BRO!

(just remember.....I know where you live)

~ROCK~
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
HDS

LOL, Thanks. $100 back...naw I'll just play her and think him errrr...um naw hehe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode