Help ID my stolen guitar! PLEASE! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Help ID my stolen guitar! PLEASE!

Hi all,

Thanks for the help, I did post to the site the other day, but it never seems to have appeared.

With regard to recovering the guitar, some of the stuff that was taken was recovered on sat 16th. Passports, bank books.

After talking to people around the area, my guitar was smashed up and left in the road probably within 2 days of being taken. It was then tidied away by the local council.

The best news is that the thieves are well known and are believed to be responsible for 40 odd burglaries. The police have evidence tying them to 6 of these. Other houses have been trashed, but as we are white, we were spared that. So racists and thieves. They are still out and about.

I've draw a blank with photos, bar a few rolls of undeveloped film that are in ATM, so its up to the insurers now.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll probably be back soon to ask about what to replace it with.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 03:13 PM

Quote:
treloar on 9:04 am on Feb. 18, 2002
Hi all,
After talking to people around the area, my guitar was smashed up and left in the road probably within 2 days of being taken. It was then tidied away by the local council.
How about we all go over there, corner their asses, then smash them all up? *This is so disgusting and horribbly wrong that I can't even talk about it. *Who gets JOY out of destroying other people's property? *SOB's should rot in a cell and be poked through the bars endlessly with our sharpened, pointy headstocks.

Try to salvage what you can. *Trem, nut, or whatever and use that to create your new guitar. *Add a little part of your old one. *Sort of like an organ transplant.

Gabe
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:33 AM

Real sorry to hear about this J.
It sucks!
You don't f**k with someone's guitar!! :angryfire:
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:36 PM

Reviews: 2

Wow... That really sucks... I really don't like irresponsible, juvenile, mischevieous, cruel, and just plain stupid people that do things like that... I can't think of anything else to say. Did you get the pieces back? Anything salvageable? If so, then I agree with gabe. Make a Franken-Jem out of what's left! That would be a lot of fun, and you'd likely wind up with a really nice axe. Still, harsh luck...
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 10:48 AM

You don't mess with someone's guitar. Stealing passports, money valuables and trinkets, hey, that's fine by me. All easily replaced (most of the time) and can be fenced.

Smashing up someone's guitar, however, is just wrong. That is disrespect completely. At least steal it because you want it or are going to sell it. Bastards. Really makes me wonder wether my guitars ended up like that. I hope they get what they deserve, and if you want to hire a hitman to bump the lot of them of for crimes against musicianship I'll gladly donate funds. Jeez that's pissed me off. As someone who's had his babies nicked you have my full understanding and sympathy.

Hope we can help you get a kewl new guitar (or help you find parts to replace it)

James
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:28 PM

Quote:
7 Dying Trees on 9:48 am on Feb. 20, 2002
You don't mess with someone's guitar. Stealing passports, money valuables and trinkets, hey, that's fine by me. All easily replaced (most of the time) and can be fenced.

Smashing up someone's guitar, however, is just wrong. That is disrespect completely. At least steal it because you want it or are going to sell it. Bastards. Really makes me wonder wether my guitars ended up like that. I hope they get what they deserve, and if you want to hire a hitman to bump the lot of them of for crimes against musicianship I'll gladly donate funds. Jeez that's pissed me off. As someone who's had his babies nicked you have my full understanding and sympathy.

Hope we can help you get a kewl new guitar (or help you find parts to replace it)

James
FFS - you made me spit out my coffee at work
I had images of you making baby talk with your Jem

Hmmm now if only someone would smash my JS100 up... Oh, did you know that Machine Head in the UK won't be getting any more Ibanez's in to distribute out to stores until JULY?!
WTF?!

--James
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:34 PM

Quote:
WildWayz on 11:28 am on Feb. 20, 2002

FFS - you made me spit out my coffee at work
I had images of you making baby talk with your Jem

Hmmm now if only someone would smash my JS100 up... Oh, did you know that Machine Head in the UK won't be getting any more Ibanez's in to distribute out to stores until JULY?!
WTF?!

--James
LOL :laugh:

Tags
black pickguard , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , jem neck , monkey grip , paf pro , paf pros , pbk neck , pointy headstock , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode