Help Jem77FP 2003 Sign Back plate - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Help Jem77FP 2003 Sign Back plate

I bought a 2003 15 aniversary last week and i don't have the Sign back plate.

Can somebody tell me how i can get it? There's a place i can write for.

I'm in Québec Canada.

Do you Know if the 77FP have a certificate with in.

Thank you

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Vendor

AFAIK only 2003 FP's distributed in the US are considered 15th Anniversary and include the signed plate.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:24 PM

signed steve vai plate

your autograph should have been in the case some one probably stoled it i purcahsed three of them and they were all in the case there is no certificate and they will not be makeing floral jems world wide any more how is yours the three i aqiured are extremely mint
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Vendor

Ibanez IS still making Florals, if you believed different you bought a load of ..... He's in Canada where the FP's were never considered 15ths, only in the US. ie. if you're in France or Australia or anywhere else that got a load of Florals last year they are not considered 15ths and do not include a signed plate.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:30 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
not that there is any accountability at Ibanez' USA operations, due to employee attrition, but i was told on no uncertain terms that Japan was NO LONGER making Florals and the last batch was coming to the USA.

now if this was a load of BS it just flooded the titanic's lower deck that much faster ...glen
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Vendor

Kinda like when they swore they wern't making anymore in 02' and then France and Australia and a few other countries besides the US got them in 03'?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jem77Fp 2003

Hi,

mine is new and Efkay Music Canada takes is Ibanez stock to Hoshino USA.

You mean that my Jem came from France or something like that.

And it is not a 15 anniversary. That's right ?

I don't received the case nor the Plate. They gived me in a M100 case.

I a'm waiting for a UV1000C case that i bought from BrassWind and WoodWind Indiana.

If someone know where i can have the plate, please let me know.

I call Hoshino USA and a person name Jason told me that all the Jem77FP at Hoshino USA are 15 anniversary and he don't understand why I don't have all the packages.

Maybe my Jem77Fp don't come from Hoshino USA but Efkay Music Canada told me that they bought all the Ibanez stock from Hoshino.

Thank you

James
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Vendor

I had heard before that Efkay was getting them through Hoshino, evidently it would save them a bundle on customs importing from the US instead of direct from Japan.

Hoshino screwed Chesbro out of 11 plates and left them to fend for themselves.

Only US FP's are considered 15ths. It was a Hoshino [JD/Glen] brainstorm that they got designated such to begin with, if Glen hadn't mentioned it the US Florals would just be 2003 77FP's and nothing "special".
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 04:35 PM

I don't think Efkay get all their stuff from Hoshino USA. If that were the case, i wouldn't have seen at least two RG2077XLs at Steve's in the past year.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jem77Fp 2003

Hi,

You are telling me that trere's nothing to do ?

Thank you very much but I can tell you that it is the greatest guitar I never Owned.

Thank you.

James
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
dex

77FP is in the European 2004 Catalog together with 555 (both colours) and RG1550 is also available.
I guess different countries get different models.
Can't be bothered to hook my scanner up now but here's a quick pic from the page.

Falkor, register on the vai forum and ask there.

ilia
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I had heard before that Efkay was getting them through Hoshino, evidently it would save them a bundle on customs importing from the US instead of direct from Japan.

Hoshino screwed Chesbro out of 11 plates and left them to fend for themselves.

Only US FP's are considered 15ths. It was a Hoshino [JD/Glen] brainstorm that they got designated such to begin with, if Glen hadn't mentioned it the US Florals would just be 2003 77FP's and nothing "special".
What is the final evidence that they're still cranking out FPs in Japan? Are we sure these are not just leftovers from distribution, etc.?

It's easy enough to get Vai to sign a plate... just fedex a bunch to him w/ return packaging if you're Chesbro.

Either way, Ibanez told me the FP production was ending and Hoshino USA was grabbing the last batch. I recommended they to do something special, like have Vai sign the headstock & have it branded w/ "the end" or something w/ the date along w/ a certificate of thanks... not do some brain-dead (cheap) sign a rear cover. But again, the terms were that production was DONE. Especially since the price was reasonable (less than a VWH, VSBL).

Looking back, while it is a mockery, if they keep making these FPs and Ibanez continues on it's collision course, guitarists will benefit for years to come for having a few more of these new in the market... glen
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:51 AM
dex

And I just thought I'd email Headstock (UK Ibanez Distributor) and ask them wheather they are still offering 77FP and while I was at the site looking for an email link I found out that thay are offering J-Customs.

Check it out

Will let you know what Headstock say as soon as they reply

ilia

Tags
hoshino usa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode