Help me with my PMC please ! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Help me with my PMC please !

Hi ! I recently bought a Jem 77 PMC ... do anyone knows where to find information about Jem serial numbers ? What are the best ways to know if my Jem is original or not ? Is there other sites with usefull informations about Jems , especially the 77 PMC ? Thanks a lot !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 01:46 AM

Yes, here on Jemsite. Take a look around, especially at the FAQ and spec sheets.

http://jemsite.com/faq.htm
http://jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/other.htm#neckssn
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 03:25 AM

George,

Welcome to the group. I'll speak for all us by saying I'd be interested in seeing some posted images of your new PMC, espicially if it is one that we haven't seen around here before. In addition, the comment by the last member is correct, this is the source for the largest compilation of information on the net for your PMC.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 07:27 AM

Yes, post some pics of your PMC. I really like to see MC's.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help ...

Hi guys ... as soon as i can i will be posting some pics of my guitar ... i had a problem with my camera 2 days ago but , as soon as i fix it , i will be posting some pics ... probrably you never seen my MC before ... because it went out of USA 10 years ago ... do they always come hand signed by Mr.Vai ? Cause mine is ... thanks a lot for your help
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 03:38 PM

No, PMC's weren't signed by Vai. i have a PMC too and it isn't signed, like many others that i've seen. The only Jem that the whole run was signed by Vai was the LNG (777 ones, numbered and signed by Vai, and with a strange "chinese" character also drawn by Vai). Check http://www.jemsite.com/axes/model/jem777lng.htm and http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/spec.htm

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:32 PM
RCB

Is the PMC that was for sale in Argentina?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
Is the PMC that was for sale in Argentina?
Didnīt you buy that???
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 12:02 PM
RCB

No, Ive bought a Universe Multicolor for 1000. There is a PMC selling for 1500 now. I ll probably buy it when I go there in June!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

err ... could you tell me where is it selling ? Is it an auction site or something like that ? i live near Argentina and i would be pleased to buy it for 1500 ... thanks
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 02:37 PM
RCB

Well, the truth is that I happen to want it for myself, and I hoping tha it will still be around when I go in June. So, Im sory but if I told you, I might never get a chance to buy a PMC at a an affordable price.

Hope you undestand!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 02:59 PM
RCB

Well, seems we can both share the pain.....

I ve just talk to the store that used to have it an they told me that the guitar was sold last week. The store is www.mannys.net (the guitar is still advertised in the used section for 4500 argentinian pesos.... about 1500-1600 USD)

I guess there was no way that i ll last till June....

To make it worse..... it was a great swirl (changes of mood as I was talking to the store)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Jem 77PMC

Well ... i have a 77PMC already ... if you want , we can trade it for your UV77MC ... anyway , im selling it for 2000 dolars , if interested , tell me ! But i prefer to trade ... my email is [email protected] ... anyway , if you are interested in Fenders , i have a "Blonde" 73 Strato all original , to trade for your UV77MC ... cya
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
RCB

Well, I may be interested in trading one of my UVMC for your PMC. But whereare you located?

You told you were not far from Argentina, I m going there in the end fo June. Ill send you an email and we ll keep in contact.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Jem 77PMC

Hi ... i awnsered your email , but i dont know if you received it , cause there was an error when i sent it ... i forgot to say , my PMC is signed by Mr.Vai on the back of the headstock ... i hope you like it ... cya

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode