Help With Parts Please - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Help With Parts Please

I just got a new trem.. Its an original edge.. It didnt come with any hardware but the springs and the spring retaining bar that goes on the bottom of the block.. Can anyone be so kind as to make a list of the parts that I dont have, so I can find em.. It would be greatly apreciated.. Thanks

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Re: Help With Parts Please

Are these all the parts?

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 11:25 AM

Yes, that seems to be everything.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

What are the 3 parts called to the right of the springs?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

O those are the trem posts right... haha im so lost when it comes to tremolos... The silver parts that seem to go around the black anchors, what are those? I dont think I have those on my lo-pro.. Sorry for the stupidity LOL!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:45 PM

They're the 'studs' that go into the body for the posts to screw into. If it's the same type of trem that was on the body before there should already be a pair pressed into the guitar body. They're not the kind of thing people generally change for new ones because they're so difficult to remove.

I just went back to have a look at your body but I couldn't really see if the studs are still in the body. You'll know whether they are anyway. They should be the only parts of metal that are still attached to the body.

Last edited by JTM45; 02-25-2005 at 03:52 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Alright cool man thanks alot.. Never noticed those were still in my guitar body!! thanks alot man.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Also.. I need the 4 screws for the neckplate.. The ones i have, have the two different sized sets of screws... Where can I get the 4 neck screws for the original block style JEM (not rg)?? Could i just pick up 4 screws at like homedepot? Anyone kno the size of em?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 05:31 PM

I've seen sets of 'Genuine Ibanez Neck Screws' (whether they are or not i don't know?) on the 'Auction Site' but I think a lot of them were the type you were on about before for the AANJ necks.I'm pretty sure somewhere like EKG would be able to sell you some though. He seems to be able to supply just about anything for Ibanez type guitar construction.

As you said, I should think that you'd be able to get them from a hardware place but I don't know the correct measurements etc.. You'd really have to know the correct length and also the correct 'thread-spacing' (i'm not up to speed on the technical terms,lol).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 05:43 PM

Talking about the older style neck joint, I spotted a 'Jem FP' neck for sale today with the coloured Vine on the fretboard. I don't think it would match your colour scheme though. The guy reckons it's Brand-New and has never been on a guitar but it seems like an old neck to have never been used. I think the Serial Number indicated that it was a '93 neck and it's got a '777V' ink stamp on it too so I think it's gotta be genuine.

I suppose it would be nice if you could have the vine inlays changed to a white vine(white pearl maybe?) but by the time you add the cost of the neck to the cost to get the inlay re-done you'd be talking about a fortune.

It would be a great neck for someone making an old neck-joint style Jem though. If it is un-used it's gotta' be quite a rare thing!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Its supposedly from a Jem777DY.... I emailed the guy about it and he claims that its never been on a guitar although where would he have gotten it if it hadnt? I Asked him where he got it and he hasnt returned the email... The pics looks legit but i still dont see where he would have gotten it.. and yeah i dont have the loot to mod out a neck even though i thought heavily about it LOL... I got all the parts now except for the neck screws... DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF EM?! they should be the same size as any of the smaller RG neck screws, as there are 2 sets of 2, one sets longer than the other...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 07:11 PM

Yeah,he mailed me some pics(i only made a casual enquiry!) of it and I can't help being a bit sus about it. I think there were about five pictures and not one of them showed the slightest bit of the face of the headstock. It may have been the pics but the vine looked a slightly weird colour too, and considering it's supposed to be 'unplayed' it really doesn't look it. Maybe it's just generally bad pics and I'm being over-suspicious(?).

This guy sells stuff quite often. I think he's the same guy I bought a mint condition Ibanez 'Backstop' off a while back. It appeared on 'that site' for sale and I contacted him and he said I could have it for £20 so i nearly bit his hand off!!!! There was no wear on it at all. I think it had been taken off a brand-new guitar. It even had the 'rubber-pad' bit with it that sticks on the trem-block. I couldn't believe my luck. I find it works really well too.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Just got an email back from him saying: "I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THIS ON **** SOME TIME BACK. I DONT KNOW MUCH MORE THAN THAT " I replied asking him for pics of the headstock....

Tags
aanj neck , guitar body , ibanez neck , neck joint , neck screws , retaining bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode